Recent Posts

J R.
on 12/2/12 5:59 am
Topic: RE: Is it normal?

Thank you for your encouragement.  Do you happen to remember when you moved from the soft/pureed stage to normal food?  thanks kindly!

PattiS
on 12/1/12 4:51 pm
Topic: RE: Went to Mexico :)
You are 5 years post-op! From your post, I see you are doing well :)
PattiS
on 12/1/12 4:49 pm
Shanti, we had the same Doctor. :). My surgery was two weeks ago. How are you finding the adjustment?
MaGraw
on 12/1/12 9:05 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Is it normal?

I am 5 years post op and I have never had any of those issues.  I did not even know about them until I found OH 2 years ago.  I too was getting bored of mushy food but I lost 130 pounds and I am maintaining that still!  You are still early out but you'll be fine.  Don't go looking for problems.  Keep your blood work regular and listen to your body.  Drink plenty and keep your protein up.  Good luck, healthy mind, healthy body!

MaGraw
on 12/1/12 8:56 am - Canada

I self paid and went to Montreal!  Best decision ever!!!

shanti4758
on 12/1/12 8:11 am

Congrats, I did the same thing in October.

J R.
on 12/1/12 3:27 am
Topic: Is it normal?

Hello;  I'm 11 days post op from a RNY.  I was anticipating all the challenges after surgery that i'd read about from other posters... vomiting, discomfort, dumping etc....  I haven't had any issues at all, except with being bored of eating mushy food :-).  Just wondering if there are any other RNYers out there that didn't have any issues at all..... I'm starting to wonder if it's working haha.  I guess I expected success to equal all the nightmares I'd read about.  I was so prepared for that.    Thanks kindly!!

suzanneb
on 11/30/12 10:59 am, edited 12/4/12 6:43 pm - North Vancouver, Canada
Topic: December Vancouver weight loss surgery support group meeting
<br />
The December meeting, for the Vancouver weight loss surgery support group will be on Thursday, December 6th, 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm at Mount St. Joseph's Hospital, Vancouver, 1st floor Sister Germaine Roy Conference Room<br />
<br />
Come in through the Prince Edward Street entrance, *****THERE IS A ROOM CHANGE FOR OUR MEETING THIS THURSDAY, STILL MT. ST. JOSEPH'S HOSPITAL, BUT HARVEST CONFERENCE ROOM A, ROOM 310, LEVEL 3 MEDICINE <br />
This meeting is open to preops, postops, spouses/partners, support people and anyone that is looking into having weight loss surgery<br />
<br />
Bring your ideas, and thoughts on what you want to get out of this meeting<br />
<br />
Hope to see you there<br />
<br />
<br />
[email protected]
PattiS
on 11/30/12 10:32 am
Topic: Went to Mexico :)
After all the talk of cut backs in BC this fall, I decided it was time to take control over my health. I researched in October and booked for November. So glad I made the decision to get on with this. Yes, I 'self-paid' but it is worth it :)
Chattycat50
on 11/26/12 12:35 am, edited 11/26/12 12:35 am - Fanny Bay Vancouver Island BC, Canada
Topic: RE: How long in the hospital?
Who is your Dr?

About three days if all is well , but all Dr's are diff. Mine did the leak test after forty eight hours , then if all was good you could talk about leaving but had to stay in Victoria for ten days
CathyB
http://cathy-todayinanutshell.blogspot.com/

Most Active