Recent Posts

bonnietuck
on 3/5/13 4:38 am - Canada
Topic: RE: great surgeon for a tummy tuck in lower mainland?

i just had a bunch of work done on feb 11 in edmonton. i had a breast reduction, thight lift, upper and lower tummy done. the cost for me was 12,225  this included the gst. the doctors name was johnathon toy and he is fabulous! he specializes in weight loss body reconstruction. if you phone, they say he is not taking any new referrals but maybe if you talked to reception and told them you went through the classes in bc..........

suzanneb
on 2/25/13 6:26 pm, edited 3/6/13 4:24 pm - North Vancouver, Canada
Topic: Weight Loss surgery support meeting - Vancouver March meeting **** at Mt. St. Joseph's Hospital
Hi Everyone<br /><br />
<br /><br />
Well I can't believe we are all ready at the end of February. Where does the time go to.<br /><br />
<br /><br />
Our next weight loss surgery support meeting will be on Thursday, March 7th at Mt. St. Joseph's Hospital <br /><br />
from 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm, at Mt. St. Joseph's Hospital in Vancouver. Please come in the hospital using the Prince Edward Street entrance, take the elevator to the 1st floor, and turn left come half way down the hallway and we are in St. Germaine Roy Conference Room.<br /><br />
<br /><br />
There is street parking mostly, and some paid parking.<br /><br />
<br /><br />
All support people, friends, family, spouses/partners are welcome to come to this meeting. <br /><br />
<br /><br />
Bring your ideas and thoughts on what you want to get from these meetings.<br /><br />
<br /><br />
Also I know Cara had mentioned starting a book club, Please let us know if tou are <br /><br />
<br /><br />
Hope to see you at the meeting,<br /><br />
<br /><br />
Suzanne<br /><br />
[email protected]<br /><br />
<br /><br />
PS If you wan to be added to the email reminder list please email me and let me know.

Sharkeatyou
on 2/25/13 6:31 am
Topic: RE: Attn: All patients in BC, pre-op and post-op!!!
How did you manage to go out of province?? I spoke with them last week, as i have been waiting for a year already and nothing and they told me bot to expect anything for another 1.5 years. I feel so discouraged....
PattiS
on 2/25/13 6:09 am
Topic: RE: Attn: All patients in BC, pre-op and post-op!!!

Hi

That's nice that the Ministry is taking credit for approving 152 additional surgeries in the PAST two years.  What are they doing for the people now and in the future?  Any update on that???   Has anyone had an update date on wait times at  West Coast Bariatrics as of late February 2013?  

Patti

shutterfly
on 2/23/13 9:18 am - vancouver, Canada
Topic: RE: Waitlist times for west coast bariatric center
When did you give in your referral?
Have you seen any of the pre op people (dietician, psychiatrist sect)?

I am curious as I put mine in sometime in November.

Sharkeatyou
on 2/20/13 3:10 am
Topic: Waitlist times for west coast bariatric center
I just wanted to update those waitkng for surgery. I was told that the waitlist times are now 2.5 years. I still have 1.5 years ledt to wait, i hope your date comes sooner!
snoozin
on 2/12/13 9:38 am
Topic: RE: Is WLS covered by BC Med?

Can I ask what the cost involved was for this surgery?  I know you said that MSP doesn't cover it but would an extended health care cover it?

What was the recovery time?

Are you able to get it done in Kelowna?

What is the fill and un fill mean? 

How do they do these fills?

Sorry for all the questions but I am just getting started on researching this as an option.

bbwvixen
on 2/11/13 12:44 pm - Surrey, Canada
Topic: RE: Waitlisted... perhaps we can help each other with the uncertainty

I waited 4 years to see Dr Malik in Victoria. I was also on Dr Amson's waiting list.

Does anyone know how many surgeries the doctor are each allowed to do now???

Good luck to all of you! It was the best thing I did, and my son is trying to get in.

shutterfly
on 2/7/13 11:46 am - vancouver, Canada
Topic: RE: Sleeved and Moving to Vancouver

You will have to find a PCP. There aren't a lot of surgeons in Vancouver that deal with WLS and the ones that do, only do follow ups on patients they did the surgery on. 

I'd recommend emailing- West coast Bariatrics- google them. 

bamf
on 1/27/13 3:27 pm - Burnaby, BC, Canada
Topic: RE: Waitlisted... perhaps we can help each other with the uncertainty

There is no cost for RNY (Gastric By-pass) or VSG (Sleeve) in the province BC because it is all covered by the BC Medical Services Plan (MSP).

Most Active