New here

joydivision21
on 3/10/15 5:57 pm - richmond, Canada

Hi moon willow 

I'm also going through the Richmond bariatric program my orientation was January 21st😃

L_Ballantyne1962
on 3/19/15 7:03 pm - Canada

Hi Lynn. I just had my orientation last week in Victoria and I meet with the Nutritionist. I went back to Victoria the beginning of this week and meet with Dr. Malik. He asked me some questions about my background, where my weight struggles began, what I am doing to improve my health. I told him that since beginning to see Dr. Zentner last October I have lost 30 lbs. He told me that it will be about 6 to 9 months before I will see him again in the meantime I am to continue working on losing more weight. He was very kind and easy to talk to which I appreciated. So, I go tomorrow for my blood work and next week I am going to be fitted for my CPAP as I have mild sleep apnea....who knew?? LOL!!! . I see Dr.Zentner again on April 15 so maybe she can let me know what is next.

janice11983
on 3/29/15 7:53 am - Canada

Hi Lynn!  I have an orientation session booked for this Wednesday in Richmond.  Wondering what to expect!  I live in the Fraser Valley as well :)

MoonWillow
on 3/29/15 8:38 am - Canada

Hey. Congrats on getting the orientation date. It is very informative! I recommend bring a pen and lots of note paper. I took a bunch of notes while I was there. They will pull you all into the back room (one at a time) and take your picture, height and weight. Bring water as you will be there at least 3 hours. Longer if people keep asking questions. Check or $10 cash for the book - highly recommend getting it! All the people at Garratt are really nice. Long drive though. I left home (Mission) at 7:30am and got there at 9am.

If you have any specific questions, please ask and I will do my best to answer them. 

Lynn

Shainsley
on 4/9/15 6:08 am - Canada

Hi everyone! I'm new here as well and glad there is a forum for BCers. I am in West Vancouver, but will be travelling to Victoria for VSG. I have my group orientation and meeting with Carla on April 27th, and as I already have Dr. Zentner's approval I am hopeful it won't be too long after that before surgery!

Best of luck Lynn and keep us posted on your progress:)

Daniel88
on 4/16/15 7:14 am

Hi Everyone. My name is Daniel and I have just signed up here. I live in Surrey and have been seeing Dr. Zentner since last June. I signed up for the surgery last October and have my orientation next week at Royal Jubilee.

I am very fortunate that a friend of mine went through the surgery in Washington a couple of years ago. She has been a great help in preparing me for the surgery and what to expect both before and afterwards. I know that connecting with others who are in the same situation can be very helpful and sharing our experiences can help everyone. 

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Daniel

SHRINKINSISTA
on 8/28/15 10:57 pm

Hi everyone my name is Stephanie. I had surgery 5 years ago. I live in a glass bubble because I never knew this website existed until someone told me about it. Love hearing everyones stories and will be watching your progress. I went in for the sleeve but ended up with rny.

AnImperfectAngel
on 8/29/15 12:31 am - Victoria, Canada
VSG on 05/30/17

Hi Lynn,

Welcome! Im pretty new, as well. I live in Victoria and have been on the wait list for Dr. Amson for RNY for about a year and a half. I love this website, as it is a wealth of wisdom and support. Im so impatient about the surgery and feel like nothing is happening, as I have yet to even receive a phone call from his office but coming here regularly helps a lot. I feel like Im learning a ton of great info so Ill be better prepared if and when I ever get the surgery! Good luck on your journey. 

Rhiannon

High W: 265 Surgery W: 208 Current W: 160 Goal W: 135

VSG Surgery May 30, 2017

Most Active