New here

MoonWillow
on 2/24/15 12:13 pm - Canada

Hello. My name is Lynn and I just joined here. I just attended the orientation session last week. Looking for support, advise, etc.... from those who have been there or those who are going through it.

Is there anyone here from the Fraser Valley? Would love to meet some local people.

Take care,

Lynn

Bcal2015
on 2/25/15 2:55 pm
RNY on 07/11/16

Hi Lynn!  Welcome!

This is an exciting time for you.  Are you going through Bariatrics at Richmond Hospital?

Im just new here as well.  I just got my referral to Richmond last month.  Sounds like I have about 1 - 2year wait.

How long were you on the wait list? 

Another really great support group for the lower mainland is on face book.  Its called RMBS - Support group.  There seems to be several people from the Langley area on it.

Good luck with your journey.

Cheers!

Britta

MoonWillow
on 2/26/15 6:40 am - Canada

Hi Britta,

Thanks for the reply. I am going through the Richmond Bariatric.  Orientation was at Garratt Wellness Centre.  I was on the wait list for almost 2 years just to get into the orientation part. 

I will check out the Facebook group. Thank you for the recommendation.  Truly appreciated. 

Good luck on your journey as well.

Take care

Lynn

tamarag55
on 3/2/15 7:50 am - Port Moody (outside Vancouver), Canada

Hello! I am new here too. I just went to my orientation in Victoria last week. I am in Port Moody. I've picked up the recommended guide book at Chapters and got my fitness trackers. I'm deciding about going to TOPS or not; there are lots of chapters around here! Got my blood work  and ECG done today, and just waiting on the referral to the sleep clinic to confirm I don't have sleep apnea. Excited and hopeful. I'll be around on here once or twice a week, if you want to chat!

best and good luck on your journey!

Tamara

MoonWillow
on 3/2/15 9:10 am - Canada

Hey Tamara. Thanks for the reply. I still need to get the recommended books but have done all the blood work that was requested. I don't need to do the sleep study as I already know that I have sleep apnea and use a cpap machine every night. Very exciting but stressful time. Trying to figure out how to retrain my brain isn't an easy task lol.

Take care and talk soon

Smoochie70
on 3/2/15 11:07 am - Canada

Where are you from Moonwillow? Iam in Victoria. Have my appt. on April 1st at the Victoria Clinic. 

MoonWillow
on 3/3/15 9:11 am - Canada

I am in Mission over on the mainland. Good luck with your appointment. I have an appointment in May. Wi**** would hurry up lol.

L_Ballantyne1962
on 3/19/15 6:00 pm - Canada

Hi Everyone I am new here too. I just had my orientation in Victoria last week. I live in Maple Ridge. I am going tomorrow morning for my blood work up. I am going on March 24 to be fitted for my CPAP as I have mild sleep apnea. For the first time in a very long time I feel like I am taking control of my life and moving forward. I have lost 30 lbs since last October. I am worried about my BMI it is rather high. I am currently 351 lbs and I am 5'6" and my BMI is over 50. I am wondering what is next for me in the process? LOL!!!

nbrowne
on 4/15/15 10:19 am - Nanaimo, Canada
nbrowne
on 4/15/15 10:21 am - Nanaimo, Canada
On March 2, 2015 at 3:50 PM Pacific Time, tamarag55 wrote:

Hello! I am new here too. I just went to my orientation in Victoria last week. I am in Port Moody. I've picked up the recommended guide book at Chapters and got my fitness trackers. I'm deciding about going to TOPS or not; there are lots of chapters around here! Got my blood work  and ECG done today, and just waiting on the referral to the sleep clinic to confirm I don't have sleep apnea. Excited and hopeful. I'll be around on here once or twice a week, if you want to chat!

best and good luck on your journey!

Tamara

How long did it take from referral to first appointment for you? I have my referral sent 1 year and 2 months ago and I still havent seen anyone I know it takes time im just getting impatient LOL

xo Nicole B xo

Most Active