Bariatric Shakes and Food

healthbound
on 11/1/13 12:17 pm - BC, Canada

Hi Everyone!

Where are you buying your bariatric shakes and/or pre and post op food?

momjan
on 1/30/14 1:24 pm - Canada

I buy whey isolate shakes from Popeye`s as you can return or exchange, even if opened, if you do not like the flavour.  I buy soy protein powder from Lifestyles Health Food store; cheaper there.  It is a good one to buy to mix into foods as it is unflavoured.  Makes good Muffin in a Mug, or pancakes.....  A mug in a muffin is....grease a coffee mug (spray works), drop in 1 egg, 1 scoop soy protein powder (whey powder doesn`t cook well), some flavoring  - vanilla extract, raisins, sweetner and a tiny amount of baking powder.  Stir together and nuke in the micro for about 60 seconds.  Tip out and enjoy.  All protein and no guilt.  Add variations..cinnamon, dates.....whatever you desire.

Frankie82
on 5/8/14 3:09 pm
RNY on 08/07/14

I was just given my pre-op diet plan as a `heads up.` I still don`t have a surgery date, but I was told to expect within 3-4 months. Me, being the neurotic cheapskate I am, have started to research the best prices on the shakes. So far the best I have come up with is go to the Glucerna website and sign up for their coupons, and then use them at Wal-Mart which has the best per unit price around.

Most Active