Hello All!

Lori M.
on 6/20/13 9:07 am - Abbotsford, Canada
VSG on 05/16/13

I noticed how quiet this board was and to be honest I usually just do my daily check in at the VSG forum and completely ignore this one....sorry!  So, I thought I would post an update.

My highest recorded weight was by Dr.Leung when I was considering the LapBand about 9 years ago was 303. I didn't believe him, I still didn't believe him up to last summer. Once I started really looking at old pictures and accepting every part of myself, I believe him...actually I think I weighed more than that. 

Then I decided to start eating healthier...well healthier than I was. Last summer I went to first consult with Dr Nguyen weighing in at 283. 

Surgery was May 16, 2013 and I weighed in at 260. As of today I am 233! So that is a loss of 70lbs from my highest recorded weight!! Consider me happy! I still have a minimum of 80lbs to lose and through using this amazing tool, hard work and diligence I know I will succeed!

I see lots of different information being tossed around....mostly about wait times etc. From my Dr sending in the request to first consult was 8 months. During that time I researched everything I could about WLS, all of them and what would work best for me. From consult to surgery was 10 months. And it would have been sooner but I told them no appointments in December as it is my busy time at work and couldn't take any time off. Plus I had to have a minor surgery in January. Otherwise I probably would have had surgery in February/ March. Now, my time will be different than others because I accepted myself and my choices a long time ago. When asked how I felt about myself, I answered the truth. I would be my own friend.

Each step of this program is important and I truly believe that in BC...well in the West Coast Bariatric program, we are sooo fortunate. We receive the expertise of a  nutritionist, a physical exercise guru (by the way anybody can all them on their hotline, totally free and so helpful!) and an occupational therapist and a psychiatrist! Honestly what other "Diet" "lifestyle change" or whatever you want to call it makes you have therapy?? 

Hmmm, so that's my little update. lol
Take care all and hopefully we can get this board up and jumping again!

HW 303  SW 261  CW 176

Most Active