Went to Mexico :)

PattiS
on 4/19/13 1:23 pm

Hi Cindy

Congrats on your decision!!!!!  I am 5 months out and have only good things to say.  I did this for my health, and the benefits I see are telling me I made the right choice.  And it's the little things that make me smile the most.  I was really excited when I could touch my toes LOL!  Walking used to be a chore for me and now I can keep a steady pace and barely break a sweat.   My weight is coming off slowly but steady.  

I really rely on my family and friends for support.  I do have one friend who had the sleeve done 2 years ago.  He is a great support for me.  I found him online.  I see that there is a support group in Victoria.  I  may have noticed the mention of them on this site or perhaps the Vertical Sleeve Talk site.  I did read the forums a LOT when I first had my surgery.  If you have a question, you can bet that someone else has talked about it..  

How did your doctor respond to your decision to have surgery.  I hope you have had support!  My doctor was very supportive of my choice.  In fact, when I found out how long the wait in BC was going to be, my doctor mentioned that a friend of hers went to Mexico.  My initial response was 'I don't know about going to Mexico!'  But I did lots of  research before making my decision. I haven't had any complications since surgery.  My co-ordinator offered a nutritionist that I could talk to after getting back home.  I really didn't need to use them but appreciated that it was there if I needed it.  My doctor also offered a nutritionist that I could contact.  

I did pick up the Weight-Loss surgery for Dummies book that is recommended by the Dr. in Richmond but I found another book that I thought was way better....http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/books/books/the-complete-weigh t-loss-surgery/9780778802730-item.html?ikwid=weight+loss+sur gery&ikwsec=Books&gcs_requestid=0CLDvyuGj2LYCFUoi5wodRiUAAA

Where are you having your surgery? And which Dr. did you choose>  Keep me posted!

Patti

Most Active