third party insurance

Sharkeatyou
on 10/4/12 11:50 am
 Hi, I was wondering if third party insurance providers ever cover weight loss surgery.  Since the devastating news of westcoast bariatric is up, I need to find an alternative.  I have written my letter, but now my husband and I are considering provate, or even mexico.  I am just wondering if there is any chance my husbands extended benefits cover WLS.  I know I could call them, but I was just wondering if anyone else has done this?
Nikkal
on 10/6/12 8:22 am
VSG on 07/18/13
it's highly unlikely. Extended medical in Canada is for paramedical stuff - prescriptions, prosthetics, that kind of stuff - not general surgery. But don't worry - the news out of Westcoast isn't as bad as originally thought (see my post attached to Serenisis' original)
PattiS
on 10/11/12 5:21 am
Here is a link for you
https://www.globalprotectivesolutions.com/enroll/surgical-tourism-canada
Leanne43
on 10/18/12 11:45 am - , Canada
RNY on 06/04/12
someone on my facebook group just told  us after there visit with Dr. Nguyen  that the health minister doesn't want to cut funding totally. they want to cut the funding in half so instead of  80 surgeries a year that they've done in Richmond this year they want to cut it to 40 next fiscal year, which means the beginning of the fiscal year is April. Apparently they go back and fourth with funding so things could change next year and they'll get there funding back nothings  written in stone so don't panic everyone.

blinks
on 11/13/12 6:47 am

There is a very unique and special insurance policy, mostly available to the owners of the company, but can be extended to their employee's called 'Cost Plus'. It allows for your company to pay for the procedure and then the company gets the tax write off for it. It is very rare, but is an option we are looking at with my company. here is a little blurb I found online explaining it:http://www.mdm-insurance.com/section/view/wces/p6/

Most Active