1 week since surgery

karen26
on 9/24/12 3:20 am - Canada
Hi everyone.  Well I did it, surgery was last Monday and I am doing great.   I wasn't nervous going in which surprised me because in my 61 years I have never had surgery. I really beleived it was due to the WONDERFULL support from the team in Richmond and my family. I felt very prepared and cared for. How I got in so quickly not sure. Saw Nguyen in May this year for first time got started in program and was so surprised when I got my date. I lost about 18lb. before and because I am still in hotel don't where I am. I see surgen today for the go ahead to go home to Prince george tommorrow can hardly wait. I had no problems hardly any pain and just trying to eat which is hard because  am not hungry. well try and keep you posted. Till next week, take caren Karen
nano1
on 9/24/12 10:15 am - Port Coquitlam, Canada
Karen,
I am 60 and having my surgery on Dec 21. I would love to follow someone my own age and see how the progress is going, Good Luck to you!
karen26
on 10/9/12 3:09 am - Canada
Sorry it took me so long to reply. I am doing fine. Having problems getting enough water in but everday a little bit more. I am on soft foods now and it was great having more choices and not having to drink everything. I think the first couple of weeks are the hardest, for me it wasn't pain as I had virtuatly none but getting enough food in. It certainly a learning experience. Weight wise I am pleased I have lost 40LBS. since late May and 20LBS since surgery on Sept.17th. Nothing fits LOL. I would love to keep in touch with you as well. Good luck. Karen

[email protected]
nano1
on 10/9/12 6:43 am - Port Coquitlam, Canada
Thanks so much for the update. Glad to see your food selections are expanding.. What type of surgery did you have?
Lynnww666
on 9/27/12 10:34 pm - Canada
Well done Karen. I was 57 when I had my sleeve done with Nguyen and also highly impressed with him and his team, how close to painless the surgery recovery was and the results now more than a year later. I hope the very best for you and take care of yourself.
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

nano1
on 10/17/12 3:22 pm - Port Coquitlam, Canada
Karen, I was just wondering how you doing?
karen26
on 10/19/12 5:04 am - Canada
Hi well I am now 1 month out and am doing pretty good. Wow what a learning curve.Just figuring out what works for me. Water has been my biggest challenge. I just can't seem to get much in or any fluids except milk. I have tried teas,coffee all sorts of flavoured waters and anything else I can think of. For the moment it seems to be ice water that I never enjoyed before. Still only at about 4-5 cups a day. I introduced more carbs in my diet as I was laking in energy, after just a liitle bit of exercise I would get clamy and very tired.  Also hit a stall after losing 20 lbs. this month. But I am back on the losing side again. So switching up the diet seamed to work for me. Well I am off to find something to wear everything is big yea. Take care.
Gwen04
on 2/18/15 4:58 pm

Hi karen26, how has your progress been so far? 

Most Active