surgeons for person with high bmi ?

jacjoy
on 9/6/12 5:59 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
Hi,

I am new to OH and I do not meet the criteria for bariatric surgery in Manitoba ( bmi of less than 47 ).  My BMI is too high.  Does anyone know of any surgeons who will work with people with a BMI of 60 ?  Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Jacqueline
Heather Q.
on 9/6/12 9:18 pm - Vancouver, Canada
VSG on 04/10/12
Hi Jacqueline,

My BMI was 62.8 and Dr Nguyen had no issue with doing my VSG. All be it, like others, I was to show weight loss pre-surgery; just to prove compliance and a willingness to follow the progam. Dr. N and Dr. Sampath work out of West Coast Bariatric in Richmond BC. 

Not sure it will help you, good luck!  Heather
jacjoy
on 9/9/12 8:50 pm - Winnipeg, Canada
Thanks for the tip, I will definitely look into that centre !

Thanks jacqueline

Jaw683
on 1/6/13 10:44 am - Mission, Canada

I don't if they have the funding anymore I went to Mexico couldn't afford the 4-5 year wait even though map would pay my bmi was 52 I got sleeved dec 24 in Mexico and it went awesome I've lost 42 lbs since dec 24 

sexy_me
on 9/8/12 9:19 pm
VSG on 02/06/12
Jaw683
on 1/6/13 10:42 am - Mission, Canada
On September 7, 2012 at 12:59 AM Pacific Time, jacjoy wrote:
Hi,

I am new to OH and I do not meet the criteria for bariatric surgery in Manitoba ( bmi of less than 47 ).  My BMI is too high.  Does anyone know of any surgeons who will work with people with a BMI of 60 ?  Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Jacqueline

Hi I just got gastric sleeve done in Tijuana Mexico and got it done with wife and daughter it was 4500 and we were very worried but did a lot of research we used dr Fernando Garcia his staff was awesome plus that included marriot hotel for 3 days and 2 in hospital and the hospital was so much cleaner in Mexico plus in bc it was a 5 year waiting list 

Most Active