Out of Country form

PattiS
on 8/29/12 6:50 am
 Thanks Hon : )  Your information is a great help for me. I really want to get a jump on things.  The book should be in the mail today!
Cheers, have a great day!
MaGraw
on 8/24/12 9:03 am, edited 8/24/12 9:04 am - Canada
I went to Montreal.  Paid for it myself .  From my first phone call to my sugrey it was total 3 months!!! Yes I said 3 months.   I wish I would have done it 10 years ago. 
PattiS
on 8/24/12 7:04 pm
 Thanks for comment. :)  My Dr. mentioned Mexico if I could self-pay.  I wonder how the costs compare between Mexico and Canada...
Lolote
on 8/30/12 3:59 am - AZ
VSG on 07/14/17
 The office in Richmond told me the wait is between 1yr and 1.5 yr... It's a very long time to wait...  

Like you, I was thinking about Seattle, but not sure how to start... 
PattiS
on 8/30/12 10:49 am
 Hi Lolote
I went ahead and had my doctor send a referal to Richmond.  I think the chance of having MSP provide funding for out of country surgery is not going to happen.  I would love to hear from people who have recently been successful of receiving funding.  I would even like to hear from people who have tried and not succeeded in getting funds.
There is always the option of self-pay.  If that interests you, there were two places in Seattle that  I looked into and they had links for Canadian patients: Virginia Mason and Puget Sound Bariatric.  I'm not sure how much they charge.  Mexico is another option.  I believe it is cheaper than the States. Good luck on your journey :)
PattiS
on 8/30/12 11:43 am
 lolote
I should have added that if you want to persue the Out Of Country funding you should call MSP and ask them how to go about it.  This is what I was told by the receptionist of my Family Doctor.
Cheers
Most Active