Does anyone have . . .

porkandbeans
on 7/24/12 8:46 am - Canada
a Weight Loss Surgery For Dummies Book for sale?  I'm a new member, just saw Dr Sampath on June 14th.  Live out in the valley anyone from this out this way, I'd love to hear from you.
lotusgyrl
on 7/24/12 3:13 pm - Canada
Hi sorry I do not have the book for sale as family is reading it. But I am out here in the Valley. Congrats on your first(?) appointment! My doc is Dr Nguyen. Just had my first appointment last month. Hope to hear from you
Serenisis
on 7/24/12 3:19 pm - Coquitlam, BC, Canada
VSG on 08/13/12
 I don't have the book for sale, but it's definitely worth picking up -- that, and the weight loss surgery recipes for dummies book.  You'll find them cheaper (and get free shipping) if you buy them online with chapters/coles as it costs more to have them sent to a physical store...
             HW: 401 --- 1st Consult: 373 --- SW: 333, lost 68lbs total pre-op!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

porkandbeans
on 7/24/12 4:24 pm - Canada
Thanks for replying so quickly.  I have the new edition ordered through chapters/ingido but they have changed the release date, so I thought I'd give this a try.  Thanks again.
Lori M.
on 7/25/12 2:07 pm - Abbotsford, Canada
VSG on 05/16/13
 I picked up copies from the library to go through until I can get my own. I'm in the valley too. :)
porkandbeans
on 7/25/12 2:23 pm - Canada
Hi lamb3, smart girl.  Never even thought of the library.  Will give it a try.  How far up the valley are you?  We are in Harrison Mills, (no one but someone up the valley knows where that is, LOL)
Lori M.
on 7/27/12 3:01 pm - Abbotsford, Canada
VSG on 05/16/13
 Hi P&B :) 

I am in Abbotsford. You may have to go on the hold list for the books from the library. They are all checked out right now. 
How far along are you in the surgery process? I have had my consult, sleep apnea test and am heading into Richmond on Aug 8 to talk to Dr Lau, the respiroligist. I am not sure what the next steps are after that. Nervous and exciting at the same time.

Lori
porkandbeans
on 7/27/12 4:12 pm - Canada
Hi Lori,
Ohhh!  A Big City Girl, LOL!  I had my !st appt with Dr Sampath at the beginning of June.  I did my sleep test that night (the one that just attaches to your finger).  I have since seen Dr You, the internist;  Robin and Jonathon (both sweeties) at Garrett Wellness Centre and I have seen Dr Lau and have been given a date for a pulmonary function test and am waiting to spend a night at Richmond Hosp. for an overnight sleep test.  I also have an an appt for a  MIBI Scan to make sure my heart is working up to par on Aug 2 and 3 at VGH.  I have an appt. for a scope up the bottom and down the throat in Sept.  Yikes!  I was soooo nervous when I saw Dr Sampath that I dropped my purse and diary on the way into his exam room!  But he put me at ease right away but he told me at the end of our appt. that he thought I was going to go running and screaming from his office, haha.  I'm fine now but there are a lot of changes and surprises but this is all a new experience for us both us.  It's nice to know that there is someone out there there that started out on this journey about the same time as me.
Sharleen  
porkandbeans
on 8/30/12 5:44 pm - Canada
Hi! great to hear from a "Valley Girl"!  We will have to meet and get to know each other.
MaGraw
on 8/30/12 10:54 am - Canada
I know where Harrison Mills is...I live in Agassiz!!!
Most Active