Anyone else having surgery on Monday, April 16th?

Jillville
on 4/11/12 11:36 am - Surrey, Canada
VSG on 04/16/12
Hello - I'n getting sleeved on Monday, April 16th in Richmond by Dr. Sampath - anyone else??  I know of a few people who ended up sharing a room with someone they knew...just curious if I might end up with a familiar roomie??

Heather Q.
on 4/14/12 9:28 am - Vancouver, Canada
VSG on 04/10/12
Hi Jill,

I just got sleeved on April 10th with Dr Nguyen and luckily I connected with a lady who was going through the same procedure/ same day/ same Dr as me. We had hoped to be roomies and Dr Nguyen made every attempt, however, because I had other medical issues that needed more care, I was placed on another ward. :(

I did finally meet my surgery buddy on the day of my discharge and we connected and commiserated. It was great to finally meet her and we promised to stay in touch when we finally started to heal in a few days. I hope you do get paired up..it would make life so much easier if you roomie understands what's happening.

Best of luck and stay positive. We'll be here waiting to hear from you and support you.  Heather
Jillville
on 4/14/12 11:55 am - Surrey, Canada
VSG on 04/16/12
Hi Heather - thanks for your reply!!  How are you doing so far?

Maybe I'll end up with a surgery buddy, maybe I won't - just one more thing to wake up from anaesthetic and find out about!! 

Can't wait!!

Serenisis
on 4/20/12 9:32 am - Coquitlam, BC, Canada
VSG on 08/13/12
   Hope it went well Jill!! Let us know how you're feeling as soon as you're able to :) 
             HW: 401 --- 1st Consult: 373 --- SW: 333, lost 68lbs total pre-op!!!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

bamf
on 8/13/12 9:51 pm - Burnaby, BC, Canada
Hi:

Haven't heard from you for a very long time.  Hope all is going well for you.

Barb

Jillville
on 8/17/12 5:35 pm - Surrey, Canada
VSG on 04/16/12
 Hi Barb - nice to hear from you!!  Did you go to this month's maintenance meeting?  I wasn't able to make it but hope to be at the next one!  Things are going very well, thanks!!  I'm down 80 pounds now and am regaining my life!!  My joint pain is gone, I'm walking up to 10 km almost daily, and I'm working out at the gym.  Life is good!!  Hope all is well with you too, and maybe I'll see you at Garratt in September?!

bamf
on 8/17/12 10:55 pm - Burnaby, BC, Canada
I did not make the August maintenance meeting, either, but hoping to go again in September.  I have been in a stall for a couple of months now, and I am hoping I have not gained some back because we have been out of town since July 18, but should be home before the meeting.

Very glad to hear that you are doing so well, that is great.  YOU GO GIRL!!!

Most Active