Started my liquid diet today

Linda R.
on 2/5/12 10:42 am - Prince George, Canada
VSG on 02/20/12
Day one of the presurgery diet.  I've had a few hungry moments.  But a nap helped with that, I do have a head ache for most of the aftenoon. and there was the moment at lunch when I considered mugging my roomate for her pizza.    But I did hold strong.

So now I\m done with supper and having a cup of herb tea.  I have been looking at the celery with longing though   sigh I guess I will just have to resign myself to a few weeks with no crunching.

Linda
shanti4758
on 2/5/12 11:35 am
Good luck to you! One day at a time. I hope to be doing the same as you by the end of the year. On dr tangs waitlist. Keep us posted on how the diet goes.

prplady
on 2/5/12 2:17 pm - Canada
You Can do it!        It gets easier!!!!

about day three  it seems to get better.. and after it is over it seems like it was just for a short time..

keep up the good work!!

HW 270  SW 226 CW 175.8 GW 150

bamf
on 2/6/12 2:30 am - Burnaby, BC, Canada

Hi Linda:
It does get easier after a couple of days.  For crunchy, you could try ice cubes,   Good luck with the next 2 weeks.  Looking forward to seeing you on the 16th.
Barb

Linda R.
on 2/6/12 3:38 am - Prince George, Canada
VSG on 02/20/12
thanks for the ice cube idea Barb.  will give it a shot.  Look forward to seeing you as well.

Linda
sexy_me
on 2/11/12 2:49 am
VSG on 02/06/12
Good luck. You can do it. and the ice cubes do work!! 

West Coast Bariatric Surgery Centre Program - VSG, February 6/12, Richmond, BC

jaynak
on 2/7/12 3:29 am - Canada
This phase will be over before you know it!!!!  You could also check with Nooshin about having some sugar free hard candies, I was allowed to have some of these each day if I wanted but found that munching on the ice cubes seemed to work better to satisfy the crunching desire.

bbwvixen
on 2/10/12 11:31 am - Surrey, Canada
 good for you: it does get easier::

Chattycat50
on 2/14/12 1:40 pm - Fanny Bay Vancouver Island BC, Canada
The first three days are the hardest, and I stayed home more so I wasn't tempted, I did some fun things i have been wanting to do for along time, sewed some, made photo albums, all those things that you put off all the time, now you have some time .CAthy
CathyB
http://cathy-todayinanutshell.blogspot.com/

Linda R.
on 2/14/12 2:00 pm - Prince George, Canada
VSG on 02/20/12
Thanks all for the advice and cheering.  As I am now at an end of day 10  I can say I am making it through.  Though I am starting to dread yogurt..... ha;'ha

I leave on Thursday for the lower mainland and been told that surgery is at 1:00 pm Monday.

Sort of anxious and excited all at once.  But looking forward to getting on the losers bench.

Linda
Most Active