Ten day post Op, proein samples and what do I do ?

Chattycat50
on 12/16/11 10:26 am - Fanny Bay Vancouver Island BC, Canada
Hey Laugh

Just want to check in and tell everyone this has been a great surgery for me , I had surgery in June on my back and it was a ***** to come back(no pun) from and I was really worried about having to to it again , but I had mine Dec 6, I woke up and got up shortly after in recovery ,and walked around ,I could not believe I felt so good . I have walked alot (Dr Malik said the more you move the better and easier it will be) he also said that if you can stick to the fast without cheating it really makes the surgery easier and recovery easier, I drink that gross stuff for 37 days with nothing else , so I guess that helped to . I hope to never see glucernia again.Frown

So I was in Victoria for five days after and went out almost everyday shopping and got my nails done. then got the ok to come home, I am a happy girl to be home,can't afford that city stuff.

i am eating everything that is on my list for the first two weeks and have no problem with eating at all yet, being very careful ( the crushed drugs are horrible) I can start eggs and toast well burnt(just the way I like it next week) can't wait , after a month of yuk , everything tastes so good . All Christmas shopping is done, so I can relax.

So now on to Protein powder.... I only bought one kind and that is whey iso Burst orange cream. the flavor is not bad but the after taste is bitter and gross, I am taking it back. I just can't see drinking something that you don't like.

So I went to http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/ and you can order samples of many many different kinds , five diff brands and lots of favors , so I phoned to make sure they send to Canada and ordered 90 dollars worth of samples and it cost me 30 dollars shipping . I will let you know how they are. My question is why do we need all this protein drink , I have never been much of a sweet drinker, can't i just eat my protein in meat and milk , yogurt and stuff or will I not be getting enough that way. If I'm having cream of wheat for breakfast do i need to put protein in it .
CathyB
http://cathy-todayinanutshell.blogspot.com/

sexy_me
on 12/16/11 10:51 am, edited 12/16/11 2:07 pm
VSG on 02/06/12
 WOW!!! 37 days of glucerna.... . I'm glad that surgery went well for you.
Chattycat50
on 12/16/11 2:11 pm - Fanny Bay Vancouver Island BC, Canada
yes 37 days it was very hard but so worth it
CathyB

sexy_me
on 12/16/11 2:13 pm
VSG on 02/06/12
 How many shakes a day did you have ??
Chattycat50
on 12/17/11 5:29 am, edited 12/17/11 5:29 am - Fanny Bay Vancouver Island BC, Canada
started with 4 glucernia and added skim milk with them to make 1200 cals a day and then two weeks in just 4 shakes to make 900 cals
CathyB

jaynak
on 12/16/11 1:36 pm - Canada
You may need the protein supplements for awhile.  After surgery it's very hard to eat enough to make sure that you are meeting your protein requirements.  If you are tracking your intake and your protein intake is enough without the supplements then you would be OK, but otherwise I'd just keep searching to find one you like.  I have the premier protein shakes from Costco and I was liking them but now I find that I am having a hard time stomaching them.  I also have the big tub of vanilla protein powder from Costco and still like that so for now I have switched to the vanilla one.  Hope that in your samples is one that you like.  You can also check out Popeye's if there is one near you, they will sometimes give samples and you can return and unused stuff that you don't like.

dawny5267
on 12/16/11 11:13 pm - Canada
Hey Cathy, So glad to hear you are doing well.  Sounds like you have a ton of energy. 
Take care,
Dawna

lilymorg
on 12/17/11 5:21 am
I suggest getting an unflavored protein powder...and you can then mix it in anything...like soup, yogurt...even your coffee.  And it does have a slight taste, but no where near as bad as the flavored ones.  Now I have been using it to make fruit smoothies, a little greek yogurt, milk & fruit and it all comes out to about 40 protein. 
clovergirl
on 12/24/11 3:14 am - Canada
I found Protidiet (liquid protein) and am adding it to my water, tastes just like juice to me. So you get 70 calories and 15g of protein in each pack. Love it.
Chattycat50
on 1/15/12 4:02 am - Fanny Bay Vancouver Island BC, Canada
Thanks every one and just an up date , the Necter protein powder is really good , no after taste at all, I tried a few of the liquid ones and they were ok too, they were sugar based and I'm going to stay away from sugar. I make up 3oz of diet blueberry juice , protein powder , fiber and liquid vitamins and water to make 28oz and I call it radio active joy juice and take it to the gym with me
CathyB

Most Active