6 days post-op

dawny5267
on 12/11/11 12:28 pm - Canada

Had my surgery in Victoria on Tues.  Dr. said he was very pleased with the it.  Had a lot of pain killers the first two days.  Mostly because I asked for it as soon as I felt them wearing off.  Slept alot, in fact couldn't stay awake.  Went home on day 3, took some liquid tylenol that was prescibed and slept the rest of that day away and haven't used any pain meds again.  Gas pain was manageable, walked alot in my hotel room and in the hallways.  Finally went out today for a drive to the waterfront and had a couple small walks.  Fresh air was great.  Working on getting in my liquids, today managed 40 oz so far, my best yet.  Eating is OK, able to get in around 1 1/2 to 2 oz at a time.  Sugar free jello, broth, cream soup, greek yogurt. Tried cream of wheat with skim milk. Lots of tea, water, chrystal lite, apple juice diluted with water and some pudding mixed with milk.  My blood sugars are great, no more meds at this time, no blood pressure meds as my blood pressure has been on the low side since surgery.  Thanks to everyone on these boards, I am not much of a poster but read everything written.  There is a wealth of information here and I am thankful for it.

bamf
on 12/11/11 12:47 pm - Burnaby, BC, Canada
Congrats on your RNY surgery, and welcome tn the loser's bench.  I had my RNY surgery on October 3rd, and now I am down 96 pounds.  You will catch up to me in no time.
Barb Friesen
jaynak
on 12/12/11 1:14 am - Canada
Congrats on your surgery!!!  I had my surgery October 17 in Richmond and am down about 55lbs.  Keep up the good work with the fluids and walking, it will all get better in a short time.

Cathrine J.
on 12/12/11 11:46 pm - Victoria, Canada
RNY on 02/01/12
Congratulations on your surgery.  We have the same surgeon.  I hope to be booked in Feb. or March.

:)

HW 262, BMI 46.2 / SW 216, BMI 38.2 / CW 183 / GW 155
*45 lbs were lost pre-op.
5' 3 1/2"

dawny5267
on 12/13/11 1:37 am - Canada
Dr. Malik was awesome.  Strict with the pre-op diet and post-op diet but it is doable and for our own good.  He visited just before surgery and later on in the day afterwards, next morning etc.  My only suggestion is that the hospital has no bariatric diet per say.  I am diabetic and for my liquid diet after sugery got red regular jello, sugar sweetened cranberry juice and caffienated tea.  I really suggest having someone bring you sugar free jello, unsweetened apple juice which you can dilute yourself.  I had premade sugar free jello at the hotel in tiny containers so had my husband bring me one each morning.  The hospital stay is so short and you really don't feel like eating anything but having some of these things ahead of time takes the guess work out of it.  Good luck with your up coming sugery, I wish you all the best.
Dawna

Cathrine J.
on 12/13/11 12:16 pm - Victoria, Canada
RNY on 02/01/12
Thanks so much with those in-hospital food suggestions.  It sure was lucky to have your husband available to bring you stuff you could actually consume being a diabetic!  I wish you a problem-free recovery and lots of good weight loss. 

HW 262, BMI 46.2 / SW 216, BMI 38.2 / CW 183 / GW 155
*45 lbs were lost pre-op.
5' 3 1/2"

Most Active