surgery or not

readyornot
on 10/16/11 11:09 pm

I have been lurking on this forum for a few months now.  still very much in the should I or shoudn't I stage of WLS. I have met with Dr Sampath and have all kinds of tests and appointments scheduled in the upcoming months.  To those of you having surgery in the coming days please keep this forum (me) updated.  It is so incredibly helpful, cannot wait to see/read your journey.  I have read and re-read the WLS for Dummies book, but this site is so helpful. 

Momx4kids
on 10/17/11 4:18 am, edited 10/17/11 4:18 am - Abbotsford, Canada
What surgery are you considering?
Rhonda

chale
on 10/17/11 8:10 am - Canada

I understand how you feel.  My GP and I discussed it for two years before she made me an appointment - I went back and forth like mad.  I am two weeks away from surgery and part of me still feels that I should be able to do this on my own!  But that is lessening as I learn more about myself and what is good for me - and for the first time in my life, I am putting me first!

Honestly, I know that I will never be able to lose the amount of weight that I need to lose, given my age and my weight.  But I also know that this procedure is just a tool - one that will give me a really solid push, which is what I need.  The health benefits for me far outway any negatives. 

But you have to do what you need to do for yourself.  Talk to your GP, talk to others (there are support groups that meet, as well as online), go for your tests, talk to the surgeon. 

And in the end, you'll know what to do.  I did!

Good luck!

Cynthia

readyornot
on 10/19/11 11:06 am
i am leaning towards the RNY. from all i have read it seems to be the best fit for me.  Dr Sampath is a wonderful wealth of knowledge too.  Love this site too, unbelivable amounts of information.  keep it coming and i will make the right decision.
bamf
on 10/20/11 5:44 am - Burnaby, BC, Canada
Had my RNY surgery with Dr. Sampath on Oct,3rd.  Down 14 pounds since then (68 in total), and I turned 60 in hospital, so if I can do this, anyone can succeed.  Dr. Sampath is wonderful to work with, as well as his entire team of professionals.
Barb Friesen
Most Active