Last weekend without a sleeve...

TheCoach
on 10/14/11 11:38 am - Canada
Alright everyone...

Here we go!

I go in for surgery in 63 hours...

I still have to make a few calls to let people know that i'll be out of touch for a week or so.

I am going to make my bed with the most comfortable sheets in the lower mainland because I know i'll be spending time in bed when I get home.

I know they say you can't bring valuables to the hospital, but I might end up in the psych ward without my MP3 player. I guess i'll pack a few magazines as well.

I have to remember to clean the filters on my CPAP and pack it with me.

I plan on drinking lots of water this weekend so I don't get dehydrated Monday after surgery.

I also have to remember to take my meds with me.

Other than that, I am looking forward to Monday morning. My instructions are to shower and brush my teeth at home, then to report to admitting, and then report to surgery. I will then be given an antibacterial wash to shower with over my abdomen. Then, I meet with the surgeon and then, its VSG time.

After surgery, I have read that Blood clots can occur when accumulated blood in the small blood vessels in the legs prevents blood from flowing in that area. So I am going to get up and walk around as soon as and as much as I can.

Other than that, its rock n roll time...

clovergirl
on 10/14/11 1:03 pm - Canada
All the best to you on Monday!! I hope everything goes smoothly, and look forward to hearing from you when you're back and at home!!
prplady
on 10/14/11 3:01 pm - Canada
Best of Luck to you!

They will prolly put these funny leg things on you.. they inflate and deflate with air to keep the blood moving in your legs.. funny really .. up and down they go !

I will be there for my Pre-op all afternoon.. back to back appointments..

I will be looking forward to hearing from you afterwards.

All the best and you will have to be moving over on the losers bench in a few short weeks to make room for ME!

HW 270  SW 226 CW 175.8 GW 150

Momx4kids
on 10/14/11 6:18 pm - Abbotsford, Canada
You might not need the mags ( I was too groggy to focus on reading, and I tried crosswords but couldn't concentrate very long), I agree you definately need to bring the music!! You might want to pack chapstick and earplugs too. I'm not sure if it is the same recovery as RnY, but I wish I had brought my own sugar free jello, not that you feel like eating much, but the hospital in Victoria ,where I went, did not have the proper diet for WLS patients. Best of luck for you can't wait to see your updates!
Rhonda

jaynak
on 10/15/11 3:49 am - Canada

Good luck to you surgery twin!!!!!!!  You'll have to come look for me in the hospital if you get a chance (I'll send you a PM with my full name so you can find me).  I can't believe that it's here already!!!!!

Lots of walking is good, but like someone else said,  you will probably have the funny things on your legs.  Making sure to move your feet/ankles/legs around while you're lying in bed is also good to help prevent the clots.

Momx4kids
on 10/16/11 10:18 pm - Abbotsford, Canada
Thinking of you guys today and praying all goes well, can't wait to read updates!
Rhonda

TheCoach
on 10/16/11 11:47 pm - Canada
Thanks everyone for the wishes and prayers. I leave for the hospital in 15 minutes.

Nervous, excited, and a little sickly in my throat from taking 2 medications with only a teaspoon of water!

Today is the first day of the rest of my life!
Most Active