Richmond Drs. ...? time off work?

prplady
on 10/13/11 11:55 am - Canada
Hi all

I was wondering

how much time from work have the Drs. been signing you off for ?

HW 270  SW 226 CW 175.8 GW 150

jaynak
on 10/13/11 2:45 pm - Canada
Dr. Sampath told me 2 weeks for sure but I could have 4 if I wanted it.  He said that physically you're healed in about 2 weeks but you need more time to be able to get used to the diet and changes to it.
chale
on 10/14/11 3:18 am - Canada
Hey!  That's quite different from me Jaynak - both Dr. Nguyen and my GP said I would be off for six weeks "minimum, possibly longer".  Maybe it's because of all of my other health concerns, I'm not sure.  But my GP adamantly told me she would not allow me back to work - even part-time - for six weeks at least.

Interesting.....

Cynthia
henner33
on 10/14/11 3:04 pm - Canada
 My Dr had me off for six weeks and it was perfect. I felt great after about two weeks but getting used to eating was a challenge. By the time six weeks were up I was totally ready to go back and had a good idea of what my diet would be like from then on, and it hasn't changed much since. I did experience the effects of not chewing enough, eatiing a little too much, and eating too fast during that time and I am glad it was while I was off work lol. It gave me a good idea of what to expect. I quickly learned from those mistakes and haven't had any problems at all. Take as much time as you can, you will be glad you did.
All the best to you!
Cheers, 
Heather
prplady
on 10/15/11 10:42 am - Canada
yes I am hoping for 6 to 8 weeks off

when I first asked Dr Sampath he said 3 weeks and 3 weeks light duty

my job is quite pyhsical and I do not want to go back to soon.. plus it is a production line so I can not just up and leave if need be.. so I would really like to be sure of how the eating changes are tolerated...

thanks for all you replies!

and so glad to hear that all is going well!

HW 270  SW 226 CW 175.8 GW 150

jaynak
on 10/20/11 8:18 am, edited 10/23/11 1:29 pm - Canada
I had Dr. Sampath fill out the form for my work while I was in the hospital and he decided that because of the type of work that I do (I work in a group home with mentally challenged adults) that I will in fact be off of wor****il at least December 1.

marnew
on 10/23/11 1:56 am - Vancouver, Canada
I took 2 weeks and it was definately not enough. For me, 3 weeks would have been the minimum!  
  HW 235?, SW 206, CW 125, GW 150      
Most Active