Had impacted gallstones glallbladder surgery this last Saturday

suzanneb
on 9/15/11 2:46 pm - North Vancouver, Canada

Well this last Saturday was interesting, I woke up to chest pain that went right through to my back. I took dillaudid and the pain didn't come down I called an ambulance, two ambulances game and a firetruck.

They said it sounds lke a disection or tear in the arota, meaning an anneurysm or a heart attack. They took my bp and pulse and it was up, so they got me in the back of the amulance they were trying to keep me calm but of course was a little stressed.

Turned out to be impacted gallstones, had surgery Monday after noon/evening as there were no beds available so waited in emergency. Then for two days heard them say the srurgery is coming.....?????

Had surgery on Monday night, came out of recovery room at 9:00 pm, have nasty pain in my ovary on the right side since they took the drain out not sure what from so will go go in and find out why severe oain from the drain being removed.

Suzanne

prplady
on 9/15/11 3:04 pm - Canada
Oh Suzanne

I am sorry to hear that you went thru all that! Man oh Man that is PAIN!

I had my Gallbladder removed a few years back and it was aweful pain.

Glad it is over and hope you are on your way to feeling better.

Sandra

HW 270  SW 226 CW 175.8 GW 150

Momx4kids
on 9/15/11 4:16 pm - Abbotsford, Canada
Wow I would be stressed too, glad to hear the docs figured it out and could do a surgery!
Rhonda

CSAL
on 9/15/11 11:45 pm - Canada
Hope you get better fast....
 VSG: AUG 17, 2011    
healthbound
on 9/16/11 11:27 am - BC, Canada
Hi Suzanne,
I hope you feeling better. 
You're one resilient woman - seems like it's been a challenging few months for you.

bamf
on 9/16/11 4:27 pm - Burnaby, BC, Canada
Hi Suzanne:Hoping your recovery is extra quick, it is not a pleasant experience, been there/done that, too.
Barb Friesen
suzanneb
on 9/22/11 1:49 pm - North Vancouver, Canada

Thanks for everyone's well wishes, I ended up going back in the hospital on day after I was sent homne and was admitted to hospital on Sept 16th. Had an infection in my stomach, fever of 102 and so my surgeon put me on antibiotics, which really did a number on my stomach. I am off of the antibiotics today per my gp, and hoping that my pain is under control soon. Finding it very hard to get comfortable sleeping.

Good to see people are getting their surgery dates.

Suzanne

suzanneb
on 9/25/11 3:54 am - North Vancouver, Canada

Everyday is a little bit better, I am down 3 lbs which is good it has sort of jump started my weight loss again.

Suzanne

Most Active