Pre-Op at Richmond General

jaynak
on 8/26/11 11:48 am - Canada
For those of you that have had your surgery at Richmond General when did you get the call to go for your pre-op appointments???  My surgery is about 8 weeks away and I still haven't heard anything from them (seems that the patients in Victoria know right away when they get their surgery date the day they have to do their pre-op stuff).  My surgery is on a Monday and if possible I would like to avoid having the pre-op  on the previous Friday.  Also wondering what all they do there????  Did you have to do any testing to bring with you before your appointment???  Just curious as to their timing and procedures.  Any info would be appreciated.
bamf
on 8/26/11 2:30 pm - Burnaby, BC, Canada
Hi Jayna:
My surgery will be on Oct.3, and I just got the call for my hospital pre-op appointments on Wednesday.  I was given two appointments.  The first for one hour with Dr. You (internist at the hospital), and the second for a 2 to 4 hour appointment through admitting (to see a nurse, the Dr. that puts you to sleep for the surgery, and then to do all the tests that they want done).  My appointments are scheduled during the first and second weeks of September.  Your call should be coming very soon because I think your surgery date is for a week or two after mine.
Barb
jaynak
on 8/27/11 2:09 am - Canada
Thank you so much for the info!!!!  I am 2 weeks after you!!!
M1CHELLE
on 8/27/11 1:12 pm - Kelowna, Canada
When I got my surgery date it was a little under a month and a half away. I got the call for the pre-op appt the next day and was at the hospital for the appts a month from the surgery date. They scheduled everything for me in one day (because I was coming in from out of town). For me, they did blood work, another EKG, met with the internist, met with the anesthesiologist, met with a nurse who tells you exactly what will happen when - step by step which was really helpful. I think that was it... pretty straightforward. Good luck!
Michelle  
HW: 282.5   SW: 263.5   CW: 235

Lynnww666
on 8/28/11 9:57 am - Canada
I was also called about 8 weeks prior to surgery and went there about a month before surgery. They also doubled everything up as I was coming over from the Island so it made for a rather long day there but I had tests, did questionnaires, talked to docs, anesthesiologists... the lot.
If you're worried, call your surgeon's office and ask if they know anything about it yet just to ensure no one has forgotten to pass your name along. Don't know if that ever happens, but I'm a worrier so I would do it.
Lynn
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

Most Active