In Richmond Sept. 13

Lynnww666
on 8/25/11 6:08 am - Canada
Hi folks,
I am coming to Richmond for a Garrett and a surgeon's appointment on Tuesday Sept. 13. One appt. is at 11 and the other at 3 p.m. so in between in anyone in the area wanted to meet for coffee or something I would enjoy meeting other wls folks.
I realize it's the middle of a working day for most but in case, let me know and we can meet. There are a score of coffee shops and such in the hospital area.
Alternatively I could meet after 4 p.m. when I'm done with appointments if that works for someone.
Just tossing it out there...
Lynn
Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

prplady
on 8/25/11 12:51 pm - Canada
Hi Lynn
  I would love to meet up with you.. I think I am working days that week so would not be available till after 330. I am in Cloverdale area.. Will you be heading this way?

I will pm u with my numbers

bamf
on 8/30/11 8:27 am - Burnaby, BC, Canada
Hi Lynn:
I have an appointment at Richmond Hospital on Tuesday, September 13th, for my Pre-Op check-up @ 2:30pm (it will take 2 to 3 hours).  I could come early and meet you at the Starbucks, just inside the hospital's main entrance, if that works for you.  Depending on traffic, I could be there be there between 1:30 and 1:45pm.  Let me know if that would fit into your schedule, and if it does, I will write it into my appointment book.
Barb
Lynnww666
on 8/30/11 9:41 am - Canada
Great... I'll get there at 1:30 at the Starbucks... sounds fine to me.... have a nice skinny latte.... yummm.

bamf
on 9/7/11 4:24 pm - Burnaby, BC, Canada
Hi Lynn:

I had my appointment with the internist (Dr. You) at Richomnd Hospital today.  He is sending me to Vancouver General for some kind of a drug induced stress test which he wants done before he will OK my surgery.  Unfortunately, this test has been booked for September 13th, at 10:45 AM and will take 3 hours, then I need to go straight to Richmond Hospital for my 3 hour pre-op appointment, which means that I will not be able to meet you at the Starbucks at 1:30 PM. 

Please let me know when you will be coming in for your next appointments, so that I could meet with you at that time.

I am so sorry, Barb Friesen 
Lynnww666
on 9/8/11 1:04 am - Canada
Hey, no worries... we have to take these appointments when we can get them!
Not sure when I'll next be back in Richmond, probably not for several months now I would suspect as all seems to be going well.
But after I see Dr. Nguyen, I'll let you know.
BTW, I had the drug induced stress test a few years ago and my husband had one just last year... the feeling is a little unpleasant (not pain, just weird) but it's no problem at all. You might want to have someone go with you though to drive you back from Van to Richmond. I seem to remember driving my self home years ago but when my husband had his they recommended someone else drive him home so...
Anyhow, good luck with it all and we'll see you at some future date.
Cheers,
Lynn

jaynak
on 9/8/11 3:03 am - Canada
OK ladies, I have to ask, what is a drug induced stress test????  And why would they have to order it???  It sounds like something that I will hope that I don't have to have.
Lynnww666
on 9/8/11 4:44 am - Canada
Generally speaking doctors order a treadmill stress test to "stress" your heart and see how it is to ensure it's good for surgery. You get on a treadmill and walk then run, for about 15 minutes total. Sometimes (and I'm not sure of all the reasons why, but for my husband, he could not  complete the 15 minutes) instead they put you on a hospital bed and hook you up to a billion monitors then inject you with something (the name escapes me) that makes your heart beat faster as though you were exercising.
My understanding is this is less dangerous (if they have any worries about your heart) than having you run. It's also used for people who can't run due to perhaps knee problems or the like.
Personally having done both over the years, I prefer the treadmill (though I HATE running) than the weird sensation of the drug in your body.
Here's a link with more info: http://www.heartsite.com/html/chemical_stress.html
Lynn

jaynak
on 9/9/11 5:29 am - Canada
Thank you for that info!!!!!
Most Active