Another appointment

jaynak
on 7/30/11 4:48 am - Canada
Well I had another appointment with Dr. Sampath yesterday and all is well.  He did explain that with the new funding they will be doing a bariatric surgery every Monday from October to April.  He is still expecting that my surgery will be in October and that I should get a call from his office in the next few weeks with an actual date, they are just waiting for the hospital to finalize their OR allocations.

I also had an appointment with Nooshin, that went OK.  The only bad news there was that I gained 4 pounds (I am pretty sure that it is not actual fat gain bu****er retention from the heat, sitting in the car for hours on end and the joys of PMS).  She also gave me my pre-op diet so that I can start trying it out a couple of days a week so we can change things if we need to.

The final good news from both of these appointments is that I do not have to go down for my next appointments until closer to the surgery.  I do however have to call Nooshin the first week of September to give her my weight and an update on how I am doing with trying the liquid diet.  I will also have a phone follow-up with Dr. Sampath on September 15.

Hope that everyone is doing well, Jayna
suzanneb
on 7/30/11 6:53 pm - North Vancouver, Canada
Jayna

This is great news about your appointment going well, as far as fluctuating weight, also we weigh more later in the day as well, hoping to hear soon of your surgery date and to see how your weight loss journey goes.

Suzanne

lilymorg
on 8/1/11 3:36 pm
 Sounds like your appointments went well!  
I hope you get your appointment date soon!  I hope I get one between now and April aswell! :)

I go see Dr. Nooshin for the first time this week.
and Dr. Sampath next week for my 3rd appointment.

In just 3 days I am up 3lbs...and Im blaming it on PMS....so frustrating.  So I know how it feels!  

Keep us updated with how it all goes :)
Most Active