first consult with Dr. Nguyen

Laney B.
on 4/12/11 11:01 pm
 oh that's very good news that i can borrow a machine and take it home, but i had gallbladder surgery without them mentioning anything about my breathing... i think i DO have it, coz my husband says i snore and stop breathing, and i wake up with a very sore back, which could be oxygen deprivation.... i will be very happy to lose weight and get rid of that morning sore back, that's for sure... you've done alot to ease my mind, thank you so much!!!
jaynak
on 4/13/11 12:57 am - Canada
When I did the overnight sleep oximetry test it was just borrowing a little machine and taping it to your finger (the same as the thing that they use to check your oxygen level in the hospital).  Based on the results of that test I then had to go to the hospital for an overnight sleep study.  My hubby had the same test and based on the results of his oximetry test he was immediately put on CPAP.  I know that it's now standard here when you're filling out pre-op forms at a surgeons office that they ask about sleep apnea, it's pretty dangerous for anyone that's having surgery, not just WLS.
Laney B.
on 4/13/11 2:06 am
 oooh no, i can't afford a CPAP machine, and i just know i won't be able to sleep with one, thanks for all the info, funny i've never been asked about sleep apnea for other surgeries!  
happyinvancouver
on 4/20/11 2:39 pm - Vancouver, Canada
Hi, I'm a newbee, does anyone know what the coasts are in Vancouver for a Lapband?
what the tax rebate would be?
Thanks
M1CHELLE
on 4/25/11 3:25 am - Kelowna, Canada
Hi ladies, I am wondering why you chose to go with the sleeve vs. the other surgeries?
Michelle  
HW: 282.5   SW: 263.5   CW: 235

Laney B.
on 4/25/11 9:05 am
 -just eat less, not weird food
ie. no dumping!
-gets rid of hunger hormone
-no ulcers, obsructions, etc
-no malabsorption issues
-no band to get stuck to my stomach tissues

just a few of my reasons
Most Active