my first appt with Dr Sampath

prplady
on 3/30/11 3:15 pm - Canada
was today!

He said if all goes well  surgery could be in 3 months!

WOW!

All pre-op appointments being set up

sorta in disbelief, scared , and excited all at the same time...

So the journey begins

suzanneb
on 3/31/11 3:29 am - North Vancouver, Canada

This is fantastic news,

Congratulations on your appt going well, and hoping you get surgery in 3 months.

Suzanne

jaynak
on 3/31/11 4:29 am - Canada
Wow!!!  that's excellent!!!  I have my first appt. with him in 2 weeks, hopefully I'll get the same good news.
Margo N.
on 4/1/11 4:04 am
Woo hoo! Glad it all went well!
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

prplady
on 4/19/11 3:08 pm - Canada
just  a little update... Scope and ultasound completed!

very easy!  both of them..

no problems at all

also got into the sleep Dr and being sent to the sleep study center!

now that should be interesting... NOT!
jaynak
on 4/20/11 8:37 am - Canada
Congrats!!!!  I didn't find the sleep test bad at all.  I had the overnight oximetry one and then the one at the sleep lab at the hospital here, that was interesting since you have to try to sleep with all this stuff hooked up to you.  I actually have to repeat the sleep test since I was told by 2 drs. that I didn't have sleep apnea, but Dr. Sampath told me that based on the results of the hospital test I have very mild features of sleep apnea and therefore he considers it positive and I have to start CPA***** surgery.  My GP told me today that I have to repeat the sleep test before I can start CPAP so waiting on a call for that.

Wow, all of that to say congrats on completing some of your tests so quickly!!!  When do you see him again???  I go on May 13.
prplady
on 4/20/11 3:59 pm - Canada
Thanks for Congrats! My next appointment is May 9th .Plus ...I  got a call today for Garrett Wellness ..they have a cancellation  tomorrow, can I make it in?..  Yes!  I will take it!  I was suppossed to see them May 5th   Also I pick up the sleep stuff for at home..
soulundefined
on 4/23/11 12:52 pm - Smithers, Canada
VSG on 04/09/13 with
Just saw your post.. if you do need a CPAP machine i do have an extra that I am trying to sell for cheap as I went to a BI-Pap can get ahold of me better at [email protected]

Wishing everyone the best on their journey
Jillville
on 5/3/11 11:03 am - Surrey, Canada
VSG on 04/16/12

OMGoodness, I'm so glad I found this site/thread!! I am scheduled to see Dr. Sampath for my first consultation in a few weeks and I can hardly stand the wait!!! I'm so excited for you - 3 months until surgery?! That's not too bad!!  Does EVERYBODY have to have the sleep tests?  Of anything, I think I'll look forward to that the least!

prplady
on 5/5/11 2:28 pm - Canada
I think we all have to have the sleep testing.. plus a few others.. not bad at all

Most Active