2 year surgiversary but its bittersweet

suzanneb
on 2/1/11 9:13 pm - North Vancouver, Canada
Thursday will be my 2 year surgeriversary which will be bittersweet. I have now lost 157 lbs I am still needing to lose 50 lbs more, I've also lost 2 inches to my heigth not sure why but I have. I've also gone down one shoe size in shoes as well... lol

I need to start exercising but my life is really crazy busy these days.

My surgery date came up for my triple hernia surgery for this Friday but I had to cancel it and will have to have it rescheduled.

A month after my gastric bypass surgery two years ago, my mom suffered a stroke, they did an MRI and realized she had suffered many strokes, and shortly after that at the age of 73 she went into a care home with the start of vascular dementia. My husband and I cleaned up my parents suite as they live in the same building as us, thus this is where I did too much too soon after surgery and now have three abdominal hernias. We moved in here with the htought that when they get old we would care for them. My dad had a stroke a year ago, but has recovered from it. My mother never got better just worse from the stroke, and kept having more, she is in a special wheelchair, cant feed herself is on a pureed diet, and on a pain patch for the amount of pain she is in. In Dec she suffered with two blood clots, edema in her body (swelling) which never went down, and the doc came in a month ago and said with the amount of pain my mom is in, and after checking her over, she felt a tumour in her stomach. They suspected cancer all along but she is sure of it, because of all the above and the amount of pain my mother has. They've said my mother has 3-4 months probably to live, and maybe a year. She's not really eating or drinking these days much. I go up and spend a lot of time with my mom everyday, there is only my husband, my father and me no other family, and I have no siblings. So of course my life is on hold for now.

So I'm glad I had my gastric bypass surgery, but the two years has been very hard with my parents health issues, and now with my two year surgiversary I know that this year will be the hardest but I would have gastric bypass surgery again in a heartbeat as it changed my life.

Suzanne

emeraldskye
on 2/1/11 11:56 pm - Vancouver, Canada
I am so sorry to hear about your moms declining health.  
            Plus an additional 42.2lbs pre op! Starting weight 300lbs.                 
Margo N.
on 2/2/11 1:40 am
So sorry to hear about your mom's worsening health Suzanne. Hang in there.

Congratulations on your two year surgiversary - you have made a fantastic success of your RNY and are a real inspiration!

See you at the meeting!
Margo

Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

newstart09
on 4/27/11 8:44 am - Victoria , Canada
Congrats on your 2 yr anniversary, that is for sure a tough journey. Keep up the good work.
sorry to hear of your family problems. Try to take it easy.

suzanneb
on 2/2/11 4:07 am - North Vancouver, Canada

Thank you to everyone for their support.

See you tomorrow at the meeting Margo

Suz

Most Active