What support groups are in British Columbia

tootsasue
on 1/10/11 8:10 am
Hi,
I work for a hospital in Washington that does some of the out of country weight loss surgeries for Canada. Our Canadian paitients have asked about support groups there and I am hoping I can find were they might get some additional support and attend meetings.

Any info would be most helpful. I know as a bariatric patient myself, the support groups are invaluable.

Thanks in advance,
Connie
bbwvixen
on 1/10/11 9:37 am - Surrey, Canada
There are several support groups, depending on where they live.
You can check on here, I know Suzanne just posted one that she had a few days ago
in Vancouver, or there is blazeonline.com that has a list of the groups :)

dare2see
on 1/11/11 6:16 am - Maple Ridge, Canada
Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone knew of support meeting in Maple Ridge??
Thanks kelly
suzanneb
on 1/11/11 12:21 pm - North Vancouver, Canada

We have a Vancouver weight loss surgery support meeting, that is open to preops, postops, spouses, support people or anyone looking into weight loss surgery.

1st Thursday of every month, 7:00 pm Mt. St. Joseph's Hospital in Vancouver, 1st floor Sister Germaine Roy conference room.

Next Vancouver meeting is Thursday February 3, 2011.

Suzanne

[email protected]

tootsasue
on 1/11/11 1:52 pm
Thank you so much for the information. I'll make sure we pass this on to our patients from British Columbia.

Connie

Lena S.
on 1/15/11 2:34 pm - abbotsford bc, Canada
Hi Connie,

I am one of the patients who had my Lap RNY at Virginia Mason, not with Dr. Hunter mind you but with Dr, Chang in Oct 2009.

I personally attend 3 support group meetings in the Lower mainland,
Abbotsford - last Monday of the month at 7pm (ARHCC 3rd floor Fraser Wing seating area)
Chilliwack- 3rd Sat at 10am (private home please contact for address)
Langley - 1st Sat at 10 am (LMH we meet in the lobby and then proceed to a conference room)

These are all peer run groups (Chilliwack is run by me) and welcome anyone considering WLS and their support people.  Anyone looking for further information can email me at [email protected] or call me at 778-552-6890.

I am also on Facebook so please fee free to add me.

I hope that helps
Lena Sterne
Lena
Abbotsford BC

Most Active