Still losing weight and had a first experience yesterday

suzanneb
on 12/23/10 9:35 pm - North Vancouver, Canada

Well I thought the scale was broken... lol... or the needle was stuck..... then in this last week, the scale showed I'm down 6 lbs after what seems like a long stall.

I am now down 156 lbs total and February will be the 2 year anniversary since my RNY surgery.

Today for the first time in 33 years.... I went ice skating... lol... thankfully my friends older son was there and he helped me skate, and I was nervous at first but he said you are doing fine, he stood beside me and talked me through skating. I use to love to skate and the last time I skated I was 12 or 13 years old.

All the ones that have been skating for years were flying by me, and someone missed their turn behind me and banged into my knee, so down I went. I was okay but of course embarrassed thinking oh my goodness how will I manage to get up, but with the help of my friends son and the referee I was back on my feet again. I skated a bit more then I decided to stop as my feet were sore.

Suprisingly enough my ankles weren't. This is a first I have wanted to do for a long long time, skate again.

Now if I could just remember where I put my old skateboard..... No... maybe I won't try that one... but I tell you it felt good to skate, something I couldn't have even tried at my highest weight close to 400 lbs.

I'm sore today from my fall but not bruised as of yet.

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all,

Suzanne

M1CHELLE
on 12/24/10 12:56 am - Kelowna, Canada
 That is wonderful Suzanne!
Merry Christmas.
Michelle
suzanneb
on 12/24/10 7:45 pm - North Vancouver, Canada
It was a lot of fun, I'd do it again, even though I'm a little bruised and sore from the fall... lol

Merry Christmas to you as well Michelle

Suzanne

emeraldskye
on 12/25/10 3:23 am - Vancouver, Canada
Oh fun!  It has been quite a while since I have tried skating.  I never was that great at it. But good for you!
            Plus an additional 42.2lbs pre op! Starting weight 300lbs.                 
Ruby_Trout
on 1/9/11 2:18 pm - Canada

I am so thrilled for you.  I have to say that it also gives me heart that I may do the same thing beyond the suggested 18 month optimal window for weight loss.  I only have about 28 pounds until goal weight, but still I am anxious that I might not reach that goal.  I just need to stay positive!  

Ruby Trout 

Most Active