OOC

dare2see
on 11/28/10 12:36 pm - Maple Ridge, Canada
Does anyone know the website that I can download the OOC forms?
Thanks
K
(deactivated member)
on 11/30/10 3:55 pm, edited 11/30/10 3:57 pm
Here you go!

https://www.healthservices.gov.bc.ca/exforms/mspprac/2810fil.pdf

I suggest bookmarking it as you can't access the link from their website ...

ETA: You might have quicker responses if you post on this board http://bb.wlsforum.net/index.php
dare2see
on 12/6/10 1:21 am - Maple Ridge, Canada
Oh no!!!! That is so very disappointing, why did they Denied you, if you don't mind me asking?
And that you so much for the link :)
Also did you go to Victoria for a consultation first, and if so how did that go?
I wish you all the best , don't please don't give up
Kind regards
Kelly

(deactivated member)
on 12/6/10 4:57 pm
They denied me because they don't like the surgery I want (the DS) and because they don't think I have any burden of co-morbidities (which is complete and utter cow pewp!).

I have heard from several people that MSP will deny the first OOC application, so if you send in your application and get denied please please please appeal!

I have not given up but I am trying a different tactic. Instead of going to the States for the DS, there is a DS surgeon in Montreal that I am working with and he has requested coverage on my behalf. Right now we are waiting to hear back from them (:

I did go to Victoria for my "consultation". I saw Dr. Amson and had him sign my OOC papers. If you see him make sure that he puts on your forms "within 6 month" or sooner. I have heard that if it says "within 1 year" they won't consider it as it is not "urgent" enough.

Also if you see Dr. Amson, be proactive. Show him that you have done your research and you know EXACTLY what you want and how it will effect you. I went in there with a binder full of studies that I had read and then highlighted important information. He likes that sort of thing. If you can, take in a food and exercise journal, show him that you have made healthy lifestyle changes already (even if it has not made a difference in your weight). Even though he does not preform the DS and doesn't think it is worth it (personally I think that if he was to do half the research I did he might have a different opinion LOL), he still respected my choice and did not try to change my mind.

I'm not sure if you heard this or not but people say to send in a letter with your application talking about how your weight effects your daily life. I have read that MSP doesn't really take this into consideration but it doesn't hurt to have it there just in case.

If you can, get a letter from all your doctors (if you have multiple drs) documenting ANY co-morbidity you have and send it in to MSP as well.

Good luck!!
Lo (:
henner33
on 12/7/10 11:53 am - Canada
Well said Lo! Good luck to you on the "fight" I am appealing too! 
dare2see
on 12/7/10 4:24 pm - Maple Ridge, Canada
Thanks for the reply. Also I would like to say all the best with trying a different way.
I am going to be sending my letter off soon, I'll let you know how "it doesn't go..lol" No I hope they approve me, but if they don't I will just keep appealing it, until something is done.
I hope you and your family enjoy the holidays.
Regards
Kelly

(deactivated member)
on 12/7/10 5:18 pm
Thank you :D

Good luck to you as well!
Ruby_Trout
on 12/21/10 11:22 am - Canada
It will all come together for you.  Keep your spirits bright. 

Ruby Trout 

Most Active