Sleeve Surgery, Sept 8

nikki_r
on 9/11/10 9:42 am - Surrey, Canada
Hi,
I have had VSG on Sept 8, by Dr. Tang in Victoria. I have a couple of questions if somebody could please help. I feel hungry why is this? I am on a liquid diet for 4 to 6 weeks. I feel these bubbles on one side of my stomach that hurt and they are constant has anyone else had this? also I get this really weird pain-full feeling right in the center of my chest between my ribs when I try to drink water, I am doing very little sips and it still hurts and then I get really bubbly again and that hurts how long will these feelings last? My stomach is also making constant noises is that normal? I know I should be very happy right now but I am regretting my decision for surgery, I am so swollen. I am an emotional eater and my mom passed away suddenly on Aug 24 her funeral was the day before my surgery, I decided to continue with my date as she was so excited for me and would want me too. But now I am regretting it and I feel hungry I am wondering if that has something to do with it? please help.
Nikki
emeraldskye
on 9/11/10 11:53 am - Vancouver, Canada
I'm sorry for your loss.

For the most part what you are experiencing is normal. I had the acid issue but not the hunger.  It must be head hunger and you are in the midst of grieving.  Can you see a counselor?
            Plus an additional 42.2lbs pre op! Starting weight 300lbs.                 
suzanneb
on 9/13/10 2:12 am - North Vancouver, Canada

Hi Nikki

You will have a lot of emotions just with surgery alone, and especially with the loss of your mom as well.

My heart goes out to you with going through this at this time and very sorry for your loss.

My mom had a stroke a month after my surgery 21 months ago, I had an open RNY (my mom is in the final stage of vascular dementia in a care home now at 74) and I actually have three hernias from trying to do too much after surgery for my parents.

Not sure what the pain or bubbly feeling is, were you done open or laproscopicly. I would phone the surgeons office and ask them what they think since you are so new after surgery or see your gp.

Im hoping you have a support group you go to as well.
Not sure where you live, there is a meeting in NV is one 3rd Tuesday of every month, at 7 pm in North Van at Lions Gate Hospital.
I have started a support group in Vancouver 1st Thursday of every month at Mt St Josephs Hospital 7:30 to 9 pm.

Hang in there, there are other boards as well you can go on that are in our local area, www.blazeonline.com/wls and www.wlsforum.net

If you need someone to talk to email me at [email protected]

Suzanne

nikki_r
on 9/15/10 5:34 pm - Surrey, Canada

Hi,
I just wanted to say thanks for the reply's, I am 1 week post-op now and feel way better. I am still having pain when I try and drink or eat soup but I have noticed it is not that bad if everything is room temp and it is getting way better. I am down 10 pounds so far so that makes me happy but I have not eaten much only a little soup and jello. I have no more regrets I think that I am emotional as I just went through surgery and the loss of my mom she was still so young she just turned 55 last month. After I get the rest of her estate settled I will start going to support groups, there is just so much going on right now.
Talk to you all later
Nikki

Dianna2
on 10/9/10 3:54 pm - Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada
 Hi Nikki,
I just wanted to say I am sorry about the loss of your Mom but applaud your decision to continue with your decision to have the VSG surgery.  I had my VSG surgery over 4 years ago and I love it!!! So, if you need any support or have questions please feel free to private message me anytime.
Take Care,
Dianna

VSG Maintenance Group Forum        http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active