RNY date Sept.15

michellede8
on 8/8/10 6:27 am - Parksville, Canada

1This is my first time posting on this board so please excuse any dumb questions.  Dr. Tang in Victoria is doing my surgery and I really like him. He has always been patient,kind and brutally honest with me which I appreciate.

I have a question about sugar. Can I not have any sugar post-rny? This is probably a dumb question but a girl I know who has had a rny has restricted any sugar from her diet. Is this the norm? I've not been told this before.

I also have Type 1 diabetes. I will be the first Type 1 having the surgery for both Dr.Tang and my endocrinologist so we are all excited to see the results and how the weight loss affects my diabetes.

suzanneb
on 8/8/10 7:41 am - North Vancouver, Canada

Michele

I dont eat much sugar siny my RNY 19 months ago, for me I have to not eat a lot of sugar because I know I will go back and eat the stuff that caused me to need gastric bypass in the first place. I look for things with no more than 5 grams of sugar in them, at least 5 grams of protein, and 5 grams of fat.

Congratullation on your surgery date.

Type of surgery depends on what you and your surgeon decide will work best for you.

Most Active