Ferry Question

daisylou1976
on 3/13/10 1:25 pm - , Canada
Hey all,
so,I have a conf. # for the ferry next week, but am I also supposed to reserve a spot or something? Someone asked if we'd reserved our spot on the ferry yet, and I was like "uhh.. whut?" so, can someone confirm/deny? Do we only need our conf. # from msp, or more? 
TIA! 

Ruby_Trout
on 3/14/10 3:08 pm - Canada
You do not need to reserve a spot on the ferry if you are travelling via Horseshoe Bay or Twaassen.  In fact, you will have to pay a reservation fee.  When things are not busy (like during the week and most of the  year except holidays) you should not worry about making a reservation.  If you don't have the patience to wait through a sailing, you should probably reserve too. 
If you are travelling via other ferry systems, you might want to check.  I know of one lady who travels from Port Hardy and she has to reserve.  This is a ferry thing, not a TAP thing. 

Ruby Trout 

daisylou1976
on 3/15/10 8:49 am - , Canada
Thanks for the info :)   we called and the ferry people said it shouldn't be busy and that the reservation fee was about $17!!!!!  They get you any way they can.

we have decided to leave at 4:30am to ensure that we can get the ferry.  We are travelling with a baby, so there will be plenty of stopping.

thanks,
sandi :)

GeeCee
on 3/26/10 7:55 am - Canada
What's the easiest way to get a TAP form? I live near Vancouver and I see Dr. Amson but I've had to get forms from different places (hospitals, social workers, etc) in the past..
Ruby_Trout
on 4/8/10 3:41 pm - Canada
I go through my GP too.  In fact, the MOA's never let me forget that I am the ONLY one who ever asks for the damned things!  I keep telling them that they should be offering them to anyone who has to travel to the Island for appointments.  It sure saves me a lot of money.  The amount I would spend on ferry fare is usually enough to cover my gas and hotel or gas, campground (in the summer), and all my meals. 

Ruby Trout 

daisylou1976
on 3/28/10 1:18 am - , Canada
Hey, I got my TAP form from my GP, they filled it out at the office and I took it with me to the ferry, at the ferry they give you a return pass.  I did not have to go through Dr Amson's office.  Easy Peasy.

Sandi :)

Most Active