Surgery is done, I'm home

Lifad
on 2/28/10 5:09 am - Maple Ridge, Canada
Well Surgery in Seattle went well on Feb 23 and i was given the green light to come home on Friday the 26.

So far so good, minor pain as expected, liquids going well, the only sturggle I'm having is the crushed medications (they taste so bad it makes me want to vomit) and little in getting protein in.

For whey protein isolate,, is this only good to mix in cold beverages? when I've tried in heated it jumps clumps up..

Thanks for everyones support,,, no looking back now

suzanneb
on 2/28/10 2:23 pm - North Vancouver, Canada
Congratulations on your surgery.

Suzanne

(deactivated member)
on 3/1/10 7:33 am - Canada
Congrats!
I had mine done on the 24th in Vancouver!
Let's do this thing together!

Antonella
(deactivated member)
on 3/4/10 2:47 am
 Hi! Congratulations on doing so well with and after your surgery!

Whey protein can be mixed in warm liquids. First, make a slurry of the protein and some cold water. Then, add that to liquid that is no warmer than 130 F in temp. That should minimize the clumping.

Failing that, websites called Bariatric Advantage and Bariatric Choice have prepackaged products (chicken soup, hot chocolate) with protein supplements already in them.

Take care for now and happy recovery!
Cheryl
Lena S.
on 3/7/10 3:06 am - abbotsford bc, Canada
So glad to hear that everything went well!

How are you doing now? 

I hear you on the meds!  Vile!  I mixed mine in with my pain meds, didn't help much.  Hopefully your surgeon will ok you to simply cut you meds into tiny peices and take them that way at your 2 week post op.  Remember to sip sip sip you water, you do not want to get dehydrated!  I fainted in the waiting room right there on the 6th floor!  Had to be rushed to the ER!  Extremely funny but not something I would suggest anyone else ever doing!

Now get yourself into a support group!  There is one in Langley and one in Abbotsford and of course the best one around which is the one I attend in Chilliwack.  You can email me for info on the Chilliwack one if you are interested in attending.  [email protected]  We have around 12 people *****gularly attend and we talk about all sorts of things, pertaining to WLS.   3 of us also had our surgeries in Seattle.
Lena
Abbotsford BC

Most Active