BCABA Bariatrics & Beyond Conference

Kris Greene
on 2/15/10 2:45 pm - Victoria, Canada
Bariatrics & Beyond - BCABA Conference
March 27 & 28 in beautiful Victoria, BC

Time is running out! Please purchase your tickets for this fantastic event now!

The conference is less than six weeks away and we need to see 20 more tickets sold to avoid cancellation. Many people who have said "I'll definitely be there!" haven't purchased tickets yet.

The BC Association of Bariatric Advocates (BCABA) is a not-for-profit organization, so funds from previous fundraising and ticket sales are used to rent the venue and pay for speakers. As it stands, we cannot do this without a few more folks committing to buying tickets.

Just a reminder of what we have planned for the weekend:
- Barbara Thompson (co-author of Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies) - Two fantastic and inspiring presentations!
- Dr Gabor Mate (author of In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts and When the Body Says No) - Keynote speaker and he will lead a two-hour workshop
- Dr Brad Amson, Bariatric surgeon - State of the Union for bariatrics in BC
- Dr David Naysmith, Plastic Surgeon - post weight loss reconstructive surgery
- Tony Webster, PhD - Exercise Physiologist
- Jan Klizs - Registered Dietician
- Joel Sopp - President of the Saskatchewan Bariatric Surgery Support Group, Inc. (SBSSG)

In addition to the speakers, there will also be display tables featuring authors, patient panels, etc.

One of our own, Jean Hamilton, will have a display table at the Conference to promote her new book, A Fat Girl's Butterflies: A True Story of Extreme Weight Loss.

There will also be a dinner including post-op friendly selections, an evening of socializing, and a morning walk to get us all in the right frame of mind!

There has never been anything like this in BC, and it's all in one weekend. Please consider joining us for fellowship, education, and support on the WLS journey!

To purchase tickets and learn more about BCABA:
http://www.bcaba.net/events/events.htm

suzanneb
on 2/15/10 10:08 pm - North Vancouver, Canada
Hi Kris

I was going to go to this, and even booked my hotel room but my dad had a stroke 3 weeks ago so I will have to miss this year. Look forward to hearing how the conference goes.

Suzanne
chale
on 2/15/10 11:17 pm - Canada
Hi there.  I am hoping to attend, but I'm wondering about the hotel.  Will it give conference attendees a price break?
Most Active