Why do some get sessions/surgery dates with Dr Amson before others???

pennysmith
on 12/1/09 7:42 pm - kelowna, Canada
I know of a lady who had her first consult same day as me....Sept 2009, she is meeting with Dr Amson today and tomorrow for a surgery date and further consults!!!
This same day....there was a gentleman waiting in the lobby....also waiting to see Dr Amson-he had been waiting for his WLS for 2.5yrs...lost a bit of weight....very educated about the surgery....................He died about a month ago of cancer !!!........man how sad!!!.....
This lady that had the same day appointment with me.....knew hardly anything about the surgery......and she gets in for further consults...and surgery date!!!
I went in with a full binder....educated myself for the 2yrs I waited to see Dr Amson....gee....he even took copies of my material for his use!!.............I have NOT heard anything!
Yes, I realize many of you have been waiting for years after your first consult....but Im not understanding how some get in faster then others....especially when Dr Amson is so big on education....
This woman was the same age as myself.....in her 50's......I mean she knew litterally nothing!.....example-while we waited in the lobby.....she told me....she thought she would see Dr Amson...then he would book her for surgery that day!....she had no idea what was expected before and after surgery etc....I spent the whole day with this woman-we were on the same flight.
I am so darn jealous!
I did apply to go to the states.....BUT....I dont want to....I want to stay in Canada!
Venting......Venting......here in Kelowna
Congrats to those that have been approved

Penny Smith
Dawson Creek BC

bbwvixen
on 12/2/09 6:54 am - Surrey, Canada
WOW Penny, I can sure relate!! The only thing I can think of is that perhaps she had other health problems that made her a more serious case?
I've been waiting 3+ years now for Dr A, Seen Dr R and was advised a few months. A friend who was only 3 weeks ahead of me in appointments had her surgery in May!!!! I've seen Dr Malik twice now and the first time he said surgery in a month. Then the cutbacks came.....Now he's telling me to keep track of everthing I eat and do for exercise for 3-6 MORE months!
I'm ready to give up!!!!
pennysmith
on 12/15/09 8:27 pm - kelowna, Canada

That really doesnt make much sense either because there was a man in the lobby who had been waiting for 2.5yrs.....and he recently died.
Wierd how they choose for sure.
I had heard the more educated you were the better....who know now.
It just doesnt seem fair now does it?
Dont give up......Heck your still really young, you have a full life ahead.

Penny Smith
Dawson Creek BC

lbol
on 12/15/09 11:01 am - nanaimo, Canada
oh ladies i can so relate. i saw dr tang back in june 09 and he said before oct 09 then cutbacks nad now being told another 3 yrs maybe not sure. i have been waiting for about 2 yrs now and i have seen the posts you ladies have.
i so far have been in the office with 4 ladies from when i started to my last visit and they are in the same boat as me and have no medical issues maybe about 5-10 yrs old but they all have just gotten surgery in the last month or so or they got dates for jan and feb.
i feel like i have been lost in the shuffle since the receptionist said for dr tang that i am in her pile at the top but that has been since june 09 so i think that something is up but dont want to be a pain by calling.
keep on going ladies i am just waiting like you and i know how you feel.
pennysmith
on 12/15/09 8:29 pm - kelowna, Canada
I was told a year....and Im 50 years old....my knees and back cant take more then a year for sure.
My job is fairly physical at times...I barely make it through my shifts.
I just dont like being mislead....

Penny Smith
Dawson Creek BC

JayneM
on 1/23/10 12:27 pm - Bellingham, WA
That is exactly the reason I went to the USA and paid for my surgery.  Waiting for him, I knew I woulod never survive.  My depression was getting worse, I could barely walk and my knees ached every day and night..  i don't regret paying for my surgery. Just regret I waited so long to do it. 
Most Active