OOC Surgery Approved

Tryshh
on 11/22/09 4:24 am - Burnaby, Canada
On November 22, 2009 at 7:10 AM Pacific Time, suzanneb wrote:

Congratulations on your out of country surgery being approved.

Great news

Suzanne
Thanks very much Suzanne! 
Take Care
Pat 

StephanieEllen
on 11/22/09 5:12 pm - Smalltown, Canada
 thanks for sharing tryshh! Congrats, again!
nanafry
on 11/27/09 8:25 am - Canada
I'm very happy for you.   just sent off my OOC forms in yesterday so I'm hoping.  It is so sad that we have to go through all these hoops to have something done.  I'll be thinking about you.  Good Luck.
Barb

Tryshh
on 11/27/09 8:37 am - Burnaby, Canada
On November 27, 2009 at 4:25 PM Pacific Time, nanafry wrote:
I'm very happy for you.   just sent off my OOC forms in yesterday so I'm hoping.  It is so sad that we have to go through all these hoops to have something done.  I'll be thinking about you.  Good Luck.
Barb
Good luck to you Barb,

If they decline it and they might,  appeal it......  this is common practice apparently....

Take Care
Pat 

Margo N.
on 11/30/09 12:49 am
Congratulations! That was really fast. You must be so excited!
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

Tryshh
on 11/30/09 1:29 am - Burnaby, Canada
On November 30, 2009 at 8:49 AM Pacific Time, Margo N. wrote:
Congratulations! That was really fast. You must be so excited!
I'm having alot of emotions Margo, lol and one of them is truely excited.....thanks!!!
Take Care
Pat 

pennysmith
on 12/1/09 7:33 pm, edited 12/1/09 7:35 pm - kelowna, Canada
I know of a lady who had her first consult same day as me....Sept 2009, she is meeting with Dr Amson today and tomorrow for surgery date and further consults!!!
This same day....there was a gentleman waiting in the lobby....also waiting to see Dr Amson-he had been waiting for his WLS for 2.5yrs...lost a bit of weight....very educated about the surgery....................He died about a month ago of cancer !!!........man how sad!!!.....
This lady that had the same day appointment with me.....knew hardly anything about the surgery......and she gets in for further consults...and surgery date!!!
I went in with a full binder....educated myself for the 2yrs I waited to see Dr Amson....gee....he even took copies of my material for his use!!.............I have NOT heard anything!
Yes, I realize many of you have been waiting for years after your first consult....but Im not understanding how some get in faster then others....especially when Dr Amson is so big on education....
I did apply to go to the states.....BUT....I dont want to....I want to stay in Canada!
Venting......Venting......here in Kelowna
Congrats to those that have been approved!

Penny Smith
Dawson Creek BC

Lena S.
on 12/10/09 9:28 am - abbotsford bc, Canada
I also went through the OOC process. 

My BMI was 57 (I managed to get down to 49 before my surgery), I had sleep apnea, high blood pressure (5 medications), and I had swelling problems in my legs which led to an infection.

I found out about the possiblity of Out of Country Funding on May 19, 2009.  By June 15th I had an appointmnet with Dr. Meneghetti.  I finally got the form back from him and mailed everything off on July 30 and I was approved Aug 14.  I had my first consult in Seattle with Dr. Lily Chang on Aug 31.  Second appointment and psyche evaluation on Oct 8 and had my surgery on Oct. 13.
Lena
Abbotsford BC

nanafry
on 12/14/09 2:48 am - Canada
Congrats on getting your approval for Seattle.  I have just received my letter and was turned down.  Could you please tell me what I have to do to appeal this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Barb

Tryshh
on 12/14/09 5:36 am, edited 12/14/09 5:51 am - Burnaby, Canada
On December 14, 2009 at 10:48 AM Pacific Time, nanafry wrote: Congrats on getting your approval for Seattle.  I have just received my letter and was turned down.  Could you please tell me what I have to do to appeal this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Barb

Thanksl Barb. Check your messages I will send you one in regard to this...thanks!!!

Take Care
Pat 

Most Active