STEPS 2 and 3

chale
on 11/5/09 3:59 am - Canada
Two weeks ago I went to the Dietician and today the Endocrinologist.

I took my meal plans in and everything to the Dietician and she emphatically told me that I was not eating enough carbs and had to add a bunch in.  Reluctantly, I did.  And I gained five pounds.

So today I went to the Endocrinologist and he said, "Forget that!" and that as long as my blood sugars are good (and they are), then I don't have to eat that many carbs if they are causing weight gain. 

It is very frustrating, because before the Dietician I had lost 5 lbs as part of my eating and exercise plan and then I put it back on because I was following her advice! 

So now I can go back to doing what works for me (eating sensibly, but with fewer carbs than the Dietician wants) and hopefully will start to lose weight again.

The Endocrinologist gave me the go-ahead with the surgery, saying that he thinks it's a good idea and that he is very impressed with how well I control my blood sugars, which made me feel better.

One more step before I see Dr. Malik in January - the gastroenterologist.  Yikes!

Cynthia
Most Active