Out of Province Surgery

Tryshh
on 10/27/09 5:17 am - Burnaby, Canada
Hello,

Has anyone had the gastric sleeve done out of province with msp paying for it?

Trying to research my options here I was denied Seattle Surgery.

Thanks

Take Care
Pat 

pennysmith
on 10/27/09 9:45 pm - kelowna, Canada
No I have not but Im on the list for Dr Amson....and sent in my MSP forms for the states...
Im awaiting a response from MSP
Why were you denied....?
DO they do the sleeve there?
That is what Im hoping for
Penny
Kelowna
feel free to email me...
[email protected]

Penny Smith
Dawson Creek BC

Tryshh
on 10/28/09 2:15 am - Burnaby, Canada
The main reason is because the services are available in BC and in Canada.

"The Guidelines do not provide coverage for out of country medical care when the appropriate standard of medical care is available for treatment in BC or when treatment is available in another Canadian Province.  The guidelines do not attend to encourage beneficiaries to seek OOC medical care, as it would be3 irresponsible to direct our limited Government health care dollars to provide funding  for discretionary OOC medical care."

My BMI is 44 so they don't think I'm in need was another reason they like to see 50 and over.
pennysmith
on 10/28/09 3:15 am - kelowna, Canada
oh my....my BMI is 42.5....guess im out too
we cant get surgery here or in the states....wow....now im really depressed!

Penny Smith
Dawson Creek BC

Tryshh
on 10/28/09 5:17 am - Burnaby, Canada
Don't give up Penny,  I'm appealing their decision it will be mailed tomorrow, also a copy to Kevin Falcon for all the good that will do.......lol  Worth a shot.

I have researched alot of Out of Province clinics, hospitals who do the surgery but they require pre op consultations and post op followups,  it isn't feasible to go that route with the miles involved I certainly can't afford travelling for this type of thing.

Wish me luck time will tell....

Pat

pennysmith
on 10/28/09 10:02 pm - kelowna, Canada

Thanks Pat

Wishing you sooooooo much luck....keep me informed how you make out

and your right....dont think it will do much good sending it off to Falcon

but, the more he hears about WLS....the better!

Take care
Penny

Penny Smith
Dawson Creek BC

yosemite
on 11/8/09 1:55 am - Canada
I know I am very fortunate to be capable of self pay and have my band surgery scheduled for December 2nd right here in Vancouver. My BMI is less than 40. I am not rich by any stretch of the imagination but have set this as a priority for myself to become healthy. There are financing programs available through most facilities. If this surgery is a priority for you, is financing not an option?
pennysmith
on 11/8/09 2:14 am - kelowna, Canada
Ive never heard of financing.......

Penny Smith
Dawson Creek BC

(deactivated member)
on 11/8/09 2:46 am - Canada
Are you having the surgery at False Creek?  Any feedback on the consultation process for those of us considering?
nanafry
on 11/20/09 2:58 am - Canada
Hi I am very new to all of this.  I was wanting to know if there are any private clinics that do the VSL in Canada preferrably in BC.  Also what do you have to do to try and get the surgery done in another province. 
I am considering Mexico but when I mentioned that to my husband he had a fit.  I waould appreciate any help that you can give me.
Thanks
Barb
Most Active