Mexico Clinics?

Tryshh
on 10/27/09 5:16 am - Burnaby, Canada
Hello,

Could anyone out there that has had the gastric sleeve operation in Mexico please give me tips on where to go,  a reference and advice on going this route.

Would appreciate any info,  msp denied my ooc claim and I don't see any other option for myself at this time.

Tyvm.
Take Care
Pat 

Barb S.
on 10/28/09 1:41 am - New Westminster, BC, Canada
Hi,
Before you go that route have you looked at appeal options with MSP?
Who completed your forms? What co-morbidities do you have?
Don't give up on OOC coverage just yet.

Email me privately and perhaps we can talk. I live in New West so we are close!
Barb
[email protected]
Barb
Post OP, RNY, Virginia Mason
June 17, 2008
SW 335
CW - June 17, 2009  193
GW  160        
Tryshh
on 10/28/09 2:05 am - Burnaby, Canada
Thanks Barb check your inbox.......lol

suzanneb
on 10/28/09 8:30 am - North Vancouver, Canada

I checked into Mexico when I wasnt sure how long the wait was.

www.drjoya.com  not sure if he does the sleeve but you can check  I think he is in Puerto Vallarta

and Dr. Rumbaut as well he's in Monterey Mexico and I believe does do the sleeve  www.gastricband.com   I was thinking of going to him for the RNY but had mine done in Feb 2009 in Victoria.

Worth checking out both websites.

Yes don't give up on OOC either I've heard people have appealed that have been turned down and have gotten there surgery.

Suzanne
Tryshh
on 10/28/09 2:15 pm - Burnaby, Canada
Thanks Suzanne, appreciate the reply.

I am appealing MSP's decision have my letters ready to be mailed tomorrow cc'd to Mr Falcon.....grrr.  Wish me luck.  I'm not giving up hope.  If that fails I will be asking the BC Ombudsperson for help also.  Something has to work.

If all fails then Mexico it is.....we are pretty close to retirement and having to pay for this surgery at this stage is huge,  we aren't rich people.  So i'm praying that BCMed will have a change and grant me Seattle surgery.  Can use all the prayers I can get....ty.

How are you making out after the Rny Suzanne?  Love to hear about successes.

Take care.
Take Care
Pat 

pennysmith
on 10/28/09 10:04 pm - kelowna, Canada
Would my letter help....letting this doctor how desperate we are here in Canada
I have applied anywhere as of yet...but my BMI is 42.5 thinking its way too low

Penny Smith
Dawson Creek BC

Tryshh
on 10/29/09 10:40 am - Burnaby, Canada
Thanks for the offer Penny, at this stage don't think it would help.

Hard to say what will happen with your application it depends on what your doctor put on the OOC application and what your health is like (comorbities). 

You can appeal if they reject it but do the footwork first.

Mailed my appeal today will see how long it takes,  have heard that they do approve some appeals, time will tell...

Take Care
Pat 

pennysmith
on 10/29/09 10:54 pm - kelowna, Canada
wishing you all the best...

Hugs

Penny Smith
Dawson Creek BC

nicknato
on 12/14/09 8:04 am - Canada
Dr Joya does do the sleeve. He's doing mine on Jan 4th. Sooo looking forward to a new beginning
Margo N.
on 10/28/09 1:55 pm
I have decided on the sleeve and am going to Dr Aceves. I booked for February, because that is most convenient for me, but I think it is possible to schedule within a couple of weeks or so. Cost is $9500 us including all but airfaire (1 night hotel, 3 nights hosp, surgery, anaesthesiologist, leak tests, pre-op labs etc...)

I can't WAIT .... since I made the decision last summer, the months are crawling by...!
Margo - Burnaby, British Columbia HW 283 / SW 269 / GW 160 (I'm 5'8")
Check out my blog at http://www.vsggoodlife.com/

Most Active