Anyone know about legal Stuff? Can we file a suit of discrimination?

pennysmith
on 10/20/09 9:34 pm - kelowna, Canada
Lets get an online petition going....threatening a suit of discrimination
family and friends included.
Those that need the surgery now may loose their lives because of these cutbacks
Cutbacks because of the games????
Ya I know Im scrabbling....but we need to try everything and anything

Penny Smith
Dawson Creek BC

petite_jolie
on 10/21/09 2:53 am - Canada
You know what, I would love to sue for discrimination. We are being discriminated against because of our obesity. It's unlawful. How could we get this started?

thinmamma
on 10/21/09 3:48 am - Kamloops, Canada
Good question.  I've been wondering the same thing the last few days.  I can think of a few surgeries that are done just to provide comfort for a patient and are not life saving in the least.  Why do they not get cut and why is it that the other health authorities will allow them to be done and not WLS??? 

Sorry, probably just rambling here as I'm pretty upset over the cuts that have been made.
petite_jolie
on 10/21/09 7:48 am - Canada
No, I don't think you are just rambling. This is a serious issue. My doctor says I won't live to see my child graduate because of my obesity. This is my life. It doesn't get any more serious then that.

pennysmith
on 10/21/09 2:55 pm - kelowna, Canada
I agree its serious.....can anyone out there help us put together a package to file a discrimination
charge/suit etc against the government....or give advice how we go about....
Is anyone willing to get involved?
[email protected]

Penny Smith
Dawson Creek BC

pennysmith
on 10/21/09 3:04 pm - kelowna, Canada
Opportunity Knocks - BC Gov\'t Wants Feedback on 2010 Budget‏
Sent: October 21, 2009 10:22:03 AM
To: [email protected]

WLS Support

Newsletter

Seldom do we get this kind of opportunity! The Government has actually created an online survey to find out what "OUR" priorities are for the 2010 Provincial Budget. There is one wrinkle however. It MUST be completed by Friday, Oct 23 2009. Yeap! Only 2 days, so if you really want to get your voice heard, you need to JUMP ON THIS NOW !

Take the survery on the BC 2010 Budget Consultation site.

Read the outline of the budget here (Try and get pass the picture of the  2010 Olympic Skier)

Newsletter sent by WLS Support

Penny Smith
Dawson Creek BC

thinmamma
on 10/22/09 8:12 am - Kamloops, Canada
I did the survey this morning, thanks for that.

As for the discrimination suite, how would we prove that's what's happening???  We all know it is, but how do we actually prove it???  Just a thought that we probably need to be able to answer before anything can proceed.  If anyone knows how to get things going then I'm all for it.
Most Active