Anyone have any info they can give me?

caterpillarcrawler
on 10/14/09 10:42 am - Harrison Hot Springs, Canada
Hi guys,

I'm in talks to go on the news regarding all the wait lists and such for weight loss surgery.

The reporter wants to know other surgeons that have wanted to do the surgery but couldn't get OR time or funding for equipment...and also surgeons that stopped doing surgery because of the reduced OR time.  I know Dr. Menneghetti is one of them, but can you think of any others?

He is doing research, and I am helping him along the best that I can, but am wondering if anyone knows more about this then I do.  I also made him aware that Kevin Falcon is wrong, that there are 3 surgeons rather then 2, and that the OR times are part of the problem, and I have sent him the latest stats on surgeries done per year, and cuts just recently.

I have also sent information regarding Ontario, and how they are putting more funding towards the surgery.  Any information you have can be useful.

I want to help him make this a great news story to help all of us.

Thanks in advance!
chale
on 10/15/09 11:36 am - Canada
Hi there - stupid question probably, but who is Dr. Menneghetti?  If he does WLS in BC, then there are four - Dr. Malik, Dr. Amson, Dr. Tang and Dr. Menneghetti....

C
Barb S.
on 10/16/09 5:17 am - New Westminster, BC, Canada
There is also Dr Woodhead in Delta. He was trying to set up shop at Richmond or Delta. He is trained and did do some OOC letters but I don't know of anyone who was approved who got him to do a letter.  Dr. Mennigetti at VGH was also hoping to set up shop with at least 1 other surgeon but the problem with VGH is the capital outlay required to set up the facilities for patients with weight issues. There is also training required of nursing etc.

Good Luck and let me know if I can offer any other info.
Barb
Post OP, RNY, Virginia Mason
June 17, 2008
SW 335
CW - June 17, 2009  193
GW  160        
caterpillarcrawler
on 10/17/09 4:27 pm - Harrison Hot Springs, Canada
Thank you so much, this is great!
Ruby_Trout
on 10/18/09 4:14 pm - Canada
There is some other guy who does lap band, but he has a pretty bad reputation for not doing it well and for poor follow up.  Also, there is a private center that has now opened shop in BC to do lap band and possibly other surgeries.  There was also a program at St. Paul's Hospital, but it got shut down because too many patients were dying from surgical complications.  Sorry, I have only snippets of information. 

Ruby Trout 

Most Active