Positive news from Dr Malik :)

bbwvixen
on 9/30/09 12:15 pm - Surrey, Canada
I can now say that I totally agree with Lucy, that Dr M is not as scary as we've heard!!!

I had my first appointment with him today (did all the appointments and tests with Dr Rusnak already) as I wanted to see what else he requires and meet him.

I was expecting a whole lists of tests and things to do, but nope.....only 2 things. Get my shrink to write him a note advising that I'm spoken to her about the surgery and do a CT scan.

I don't need a scope since I don't have heart burn.

He wants to see me in a month to discuss the surgery details and thinks I should have it around that time. (DARE I hope?????)
chale
on 10/1/09 12:08 am - Canada
These posts about Dr. Malik are making me feel better and better about having him for my doctor, and that the first appointment I had with him was just a fluke and the result of a day gone wrong.

Keep us informed of what is happening....we're all in this with you!

C

thinmamma
on 10/1/09 1:51 am - Kamloops, Canada
It's good to be hearing some positive things about dr. malik since I may be having him as a dr.

Glad that your appointment went well with him.  HOpe that it doesn't take long to get that CT scan and you get a surgery date really soon.
Laurie D.
on 10/1/09 9:17 am - Victoria BC, Canada
Thrilled to hear your news!
You must be very pleased. I bet things will starting moving along for you now.

Best of luck, this is really good news. :0)

start - 262lbs - current - 220lbs -
current inches lost (overall) 60 and Feeling great!
goal = 160lbs 

lesley G.
on 10/1/09 12:55 pm - Canada
Yes you do dare to hope & don't forget that girl!    I'll be hoping & praying that things go well for you.

I will be meeting Dr Malik either this month or next for my next post op followup.  When I saw Dr Rusnak on his last day of work, he said he wanted me to continue going over to Victoria to see Dr Malik after he retired - so that's what I will be doing.  Just have to call & make an appointment.

Warm regards,
Lesley

Food & Exercise journal/diary: http://www.livestrong.com/profile/lesleykgibson/
Lap RNY May 12, 2009 (Dr Rusnak)
Highest W: 460 / Consult W: 423 / Surgery W: 411
11 week post op W: 343
Goal W: 170
findingmyself
on 10/5/09 4:42 pm - P.G., Canada
Excellant I am so excitied for you. My fingers are crossed that everything goes as Dr Malik has said. If you do not mind me asking before the surgery time uts happened did you have a date? and if you did when was it supposed to be? Thanks and again, best wishes.
Peg V.
on 11/9/09 6:10 am - Canada
Hi
I just had Surgery by Dr Malik on th 3 of noveber. and I found him to be great. But a word to the wise.  this man wants the best for you so when he tells you to do something do it.  I can see him really pissed if you sabatoged your self.
Most Active