Question for Canadians

(deactivated member)
on 8/2/09 7:18 am - AZ
I found a pharmacy on line to order Effexor and the pharmacy is in BC.  The price is about 1/8 the cost vs. what I am paying now.

How does one verify a pharmacy in Canada?  We have fake crappy on line pharmacies in the US and I know they are in MX too.  How does one verify if a place in Canada is legit?

This is the place I am considering:

www.northwestpharmacy.com/

TIA!

bbwvixen
on 8/6/09 12:46 pm - Surrey, Canada
I'm not sure how you'd check, perhaps call a Canadian pharmacy that you KNOW is legit and ask if there's some kind of organization that they have to be part of to be legit?
(deactivated member)
on 8/10/09 12:46 pm - AZ
On August 6, 2009 at 7:46 PM Pacific Time, bbwvixen wrote:
I'm not sure how you'd check, perhaps call a Canadian pharmacy that you KNOW is legit and ask if there's some kind of organization that they have to be part of to be legit?

Thanks for the response.

I took a chance, I went ahead and ordered.  It was only $55.00 USD.  They will not sell narcotics and that was a plus for me.  Weird thinking, I know.

We'll see what happens. ;o)

Thanks, again!

lesley G.
on 9/10/09 6:12 pm - Canada
Their website did provide the info for anyone wanting to verify their legitimacy as a licensed Canadian pharmacy:

"Licensing Body
  College of Pharmacists
of British Columbia

If you should have any questions or concerns, you may contact the College.

The College is located at:
200-1765 West 8th Ave
Vancouver, BC, V6J 5C6
Lap RNY May 12, 2009 (Dr Rusnak)
Highest W: 460 / Consult W: 423 / Surgery W: 411
11 week post op W: 343
Goal W: 170
(deactivated member)
on 9/10/09 10:03 pm - AZ
On September 11, 2009 at 1:12 AM Pacific Time, lesley G. wrote:
Their website did provide the info for anyone wanting to verify their legitimacy as a licensed Canadian pharmacy:

"Licensing Body
  College of Pharmacists
of British Columbia

If you should have any questions or concerns, you may contact the College.

The College is located at:
200-1765 West 8th Ave
Vancouver, BC, V6J 5C6

I did order my Effexor from there and everything was great.  The customer service was great and prices were better than in the US.

Thanks!

Most Active