27 days post op lap band help

Pattt
on 6/26/09 2:33 am - Canada
Hi All
I am new to the forum but glad that I found it.  I had my lap band surgery on May 29 and ended up with complications.  I left hospital a week ago and am feeling so..........weak and discouraged.  I have lost 32 pounds already but I can barely walk across the floor I am so weak.  Does anyone have any ideas for a protein drink, etc that doesn't have alot of empty calories?

HELP!
Barb S.
on 6/26/09 3:55 am - New Westminster, BC, Canada
Try using cottage cheese, vanilla yogurt and perhaps a carnation instant breakfast in various flavours. Puree it all together with some milk.  If you can do protien powder as well you can get this shake up to about 60 grams of protein. 

I can only drink it when it is really cold buthave one a day and have had since about 1 month post op.  It keeps me going....

Take things slowly and stay positive.
What kind of complications did you have?
Barb
Post OP, RNY, Virginia Mason
June 17, 2008
SW 335
CW - June 17, 2009  193
GW  160        
Pattt
on 6/26/09 1:28 pm - Canada
I developed paralytic ileus (in other words nothing was going through me only up).  I had tubes draining my stomach the whole time.  Now I am nauseous alot and like I said am really weak.  thanks for your suggestion.
cathiec
on 10/19/09 9:35 am - Toms River, NJ
hi, I just wondering how you are doing now?
Pattt
on 10/19/09 10:58 am - Canada
Hi,
thanks for asking.  I am doing well.  I have lost 50 pounds.  It has really slowed down and I guess that was to be expected but of course I would like it all off right now.  Have you had surgery or are you just planning it?
Let me know.  I'd love to keep in touch.
Patricia
Most Active