Barb S. - 1 year surgery anniversary !!

ridge_redhead
on 6/17/09 4:48 pm - Canada
Please join me in sending out HUGE CONGRATS to Barb S.  *****ached her one year milestone today.  Barb is looking FAB and has lost over 140 lb.
Way to go, girl ! 
Ridge Redhead    
Cinderella57
on 6/18/09 1:53 pm - Canada
Congrats Barb S.  I hope one day to be as elated over my improved health.  Best Wishes, Cindy
Laurie D.
on 6/18/09 3:56 pm - Victoria BC, Canada
thanks, I have sent her a note. That is a GREAT accomplishement.

Yahoo.... way to go Barb!

Laurie

start - 262lbs - current - 220lbs -
current inches lost (overall) 60 and Feeling great!
goal = 160lbs 

Ruby_Trout
on 6/18/09 4:47 pm - Canada

I agree!  An amazing thing for sure!  congrats

Ruby Trout 

Barb S.
on 6/20/09 1:26 am - New Westminster, BC, Canada
Thank you everyone for your well wishes. I will be updating my blog in the next few days. I have had a lot on my mind as far as what to write and am gathering my thoughts. It is truly an amazing journey. There are days I look in the mirror and can't recognize the new me, then there are others that I still see the old me.   It is such an odd feeling.  I could never have done this or been as successful as I feel I have been without the support of my family and friends.  I have been very public about my journey as I think others as odd as some of their comments can be are a means of support and encouragement.  If they are negative about the surgery, sometimes I can change their opinions and open their eyes to the benefits. If they are curious, i can educate them in a small way, if they are encouraging...welll you get my point.  It is a celebration!  Truly every day is a gift!

Thank you,  Thank you,  Thank you!

Barb
Barb
Post OP, RNY, Virginia Mason
June 17, 2008
SW 335
CW - June 17, 2009  193
GW  160        
suzanneb
on 6/20/09 1:48 am - North Vancouver, Canada

Barb

Congratulations on your weight loss and your journey this is fantastic, you must feel wonderful about what you have accomplished.,

Suzanne
ridge_redhead
on 6/20/09 7:26 am - Canada
I'd like to add that Barb is a person whom I celebrate not just because of her fantastic weight loss - but because of her upbeat attitude and her openess and her total willingness to help others !  She started the local support group that means so much to me. 
She's freely given of her time, her advice, her support, and her clothes !! LOL
Here's to you, Barb - a role model of the highest order ! 
Cheers, love, and Hugs,
Judy
(and p.s. how the heck do you manage to work out at the fitness center as much as you do, still make time for your family, and all of us, AND work full-time ??  Like I said, a wonder and a role model !)

Ridge Redhead    
Lena S.
on 6/21/09 4:57 am - abbotsford bc, Canada
Congrats Barb!

I so hope to be following in your shoes!
Lena
Abbotsford BC

Most Active