I have a date!

linxey
on 6/14/09 6:27 am - Vancouver, Canada
I am having bypass surgery on July 20.  I am having in Edmonds Washington.  I am self paying, because I am lucky enough to have family emotional and financial support.  Very lucky and blessed. 

I am worried about the "after" though. I guess I have been reading the "horror" stories and I do have to stop that!

I would love to hear from any of you, who have had the bypass or sleeve and how you coped. 

Also, I need to get vitamins.  Do you any of you know where I can get the good bariatric vitamins in BC?  I live in Richmond, but don't mind to travel to get some.

Thanks for any info you have.

suzanneb
on 6/14/09 8:06 am - North Vancouver, Canada
Hello there

I had gastric bypass Roux-EN-Y on Feb 3 2009, via Dr Rusnak in Victoria as of today I have lost 80 lbs and sitll quite a way to go.

I got all my pills at Save on Foods and London Drugs

I take Jamieson Vitamin C chewable, two of them 500 mg I take them at the same time as my Ferrous Fumerate iron pills ( I think most take one a day) as Ive heard they work well together

I take 1 Vitamin D3  Jamieson 1000 iu a day

2 Cal-Mag chewable with vitam D Quest brand from Walmart

1 Centrum Select 50+ chewable multivitamin  (Im only 44 yrs but was told to get this kind)

Webber B12 1000 mcg daily, sublingual so melts under your tongue

Do not take the iron and calcium close together or they dont work

Hope this helps

Also there is another website  www.blazeonline.com/wls if you are looking for support and FAQs

I hope you have a good suport group WLS meeting as well as that's important

Suzanne
North Vancouver
linxey
on 6/17/09 1:25 pm - Vancouver, Canada
Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for the vitamin info.  I know I can get them in Bellingham, but wondered about suitable vitamins up here.

Take care and Congrats
Carole
sharonspence
on 7/2/09 5:06 pm - Canada
Carole

I had bypass surgery a year and a half ago. I take Flinstones Multi Vitamins
Complete. It has to be complete. I take the Vitamins twice a day. This was oked by my Surgeon in Seattle.I also take Liquid Calcium Magnesium Citrate with Vitamin D.
Strawberry , it taste good. I get that at Popeys Vitamin stores. Hope this helps
Sharon
ridge_redhead
on 6/16/09 12:43 am - Canada
Congrats on your date girlfriend !   That's great.  
Is it Dr. L. or Dr. B. doing the surgery?

When I first went to PSSC they were not selling vitamins.  But now they carry Bariatric Advantage and I DO plan on buying them there in the future. 
You'll be going to Bellingham once a month for the first while so you can pick them up.
I did order Bariatric Advantage on-line from "Bariatric Choice" -( free shipping and handling !)
but I notice that PSSC prices are identical. 
I think it's a good deal and worth it. 
Their chewables are great.  I've got the multi-vitamin and the Iron.
Keep in touch,
Judy
Ridge Redhead    
linxey
on 6/17/09 1:24 pm - Vancouver, Canada
It's Dr. L.  He was so nice and seemed very competent.  I'm worried now, (not a stretch for me), but trying to see the total positive and not worry too much. 

Thanks for the vitamin info.  I wasn't sure what to do and the nutritionist, (I can never remember if it's Michelle or Melanie)...suggested I start them now to saturate my body with them before surgery.

Knowing you are there is so helpful. 

I have to go back July 1 for the final visits and nutrition class.

Thanks again
Carole
linxey
on 7/10/09 3:38 pm - Vancouver, Canada
Hi Judy,

Only 10 sleeps to go!!!  OMG.  I saw your updated picture and you look fabulous!  I tried to upload my picture, but had so much trouble, just gave up for now.

I had no pre-op appointments with Dr. L and Melanie and they went great.  I'm at the point now that I just want to get on with it, and start the recovery.

Take care and if possible could I get your email address so I can get in touch with you?  If you think this is safe, I can post mine here.  Let me know what you think?

Thanks again and hopefully chat to you soon after after.

Carole :-)
Most Active