waiting fjor Dr. Amson -revision of bad VBG

gastrodmn
on 6/9/09 1:48 am - Canada
I am waiting to see Dr. Amson, I have an appointment in November.  I am needing a revision of a Gastroplasty done in 1995, a victim of vomiting and abdominal pain.  I had a scope and it showed staples have let go and I now have 2 stomaches. My family doctor immediatley referred me for revision.  Has anyone else had problems like this?  What is Dr Amson's personality like? I just had emergency back surgery and that surgeon was RUDE! Just wondering what to expect...
(deactivated member)
on 6/9/09 2:50 am - Canada

Hi,

I'm sorry you're going through all that. I've heard many people have fallen victim to severe complications due to having VBG.

Laurie

StephanieEllen
on 11/16/09 3:39 pm - Smalltown, Canada
 Did you find any more info on this? I'd be really interested in hearing what you found out, as I had a vbg in 1998, and am also seeking a revision. I don't know if Amson does them or not. Does anyone know? 
gastrodmn
on 4/19/10 1:06 am - Canada
So I not only found out more info, but I had urgent surgery for a revision to a gastric bypass! Dr. Amson does revisions and does them well!  I am now 6 weeks out and I have lost 45 pounds! I was 240 at surgery and now I weigh 195!  It is a long recovery process, but totally worth it! 
Most Active