Dr. Tang added

(deactivated member)
on 6/5/09 4:23 am, edited 6/13/09 3:27 am - Canada
Dr. Bao Tang is now available to select from OH's list of surgeons in BC. Go ahead write a review if you like.

bcsurromom
on 8/4/09 6:08 am - Chilliwack, Canada
I actually have an appointment with Dr. Tang next week... I was supposed to be with Dr. Amson but they called and offered an earlier appointment with him instead.  I  would love to hear some feed back on him!
(deactivated member)
on 8/5/09 2:21 pm - Canada
My first appt with Dr Tang was more than a bit off. I'm guessing now that he was having a bad day or the patient prior to him seeing me didn't go so good. Hoping next appt will be different as I'm scheduled for follow up in Oct. I must say his assistant MJ is a sweetheart. Dr Tang is moving his office sometime soon to saanich on 1555 Mckenzie when your there make sure you ask about the new address.
bcsurromom
on 8/5/09 2:28 pm - Chilliwack, Canada
I spoke to a nurse friend, and had him do some background check on him and he said he has a reputation for being arrogant and god like but is an excellent surgeon. 

I read somewhere in my travels that he made a woman strip in front of him where Dr. Amson doesn't and she felt degraded.  How was the appointment for you?  Is there any tips you would reccomend with him?

Thanks!!
SylviaMurphy
on 8/5/09 2:01 pm - Canada
I was banded by Dr. Tang on May 13/09 and I found him to be a great surgeon.  He also took out my gall bladder in 2008 and both surgeries went really well, no complications at all.  I would highly recommend Dr. Tang.

Sylvia
(deactivated member)
on 8/5/09 2:23 pm - Canada
How's the band so far? been filled yet?
SylviaMurphy
on 8/6/09 2:25 pm - Canada
So far the band has been great, no complications and I've only thrown up once and that was my own fault, eating too fast and didn't chew well enough.  I have not had a fill yet, I'm scheduled for my first one on August 17th.  I really need it as I have no restriction right now so I have to rely on my own ability to resist temptation, which is not easy!  I'm hoping the fill goes well and that I will start losing again.  I've lost 30 pounds so far but it has really slowed down in the last couple of weeks.

Sylvia
owensinthebay
on 8/19/09 7:15 pm - Canada
I will get banded by Dr. Tang in Nov. /09. What is a fill?  Where do I find out about that kind of thing?  I met with Dr. Tang yesterday and he was very outgoing ang forthcoming. (Sounds quite elastic, doesn't it?)  He was great but of course I thought of lots more things I wanted to ask after I left the office.  How long are you in the hospital following surgery?  How long until you are able to do moderate and then vigorous exercise?
SylviaMurphy
on 8/22/09 2:17 pm - Canada
Hi Owen,

A fill is where the Dr. injects saline solution into the balloon inside the band, to increase the restriction.  I started out with 2 cc's of liquid and will go back every 3 months for another fill.  I was out of the hospital about 7pm, I didn't have to stay overnight.  I had the option to if I wanted to but figured I would sleep better at home.  I was able to do moderate excercise within a couple of weeks, I don't do what would be described as 'vigorous' excercise.  I walk and do aquafit, I've just started adding jogging in to my walking but only for 45 seconds at a time, with about 5 minutes of walking in between.  I'm starting a dance class in September too.

There are support groups available and I would suggest going to those, they can answer a lot of questions.   Do you live in the Victoria area?  The next meeting for bandsters is on Wednesday, Aug. 26th at 6:30pm at Vic General, downstairs by the cafeteria.  You are welcome to join us. 

Good luck with your journey and keep us posted on how you're doing!

Sylvia
Most Active