new to bc forum

maccollster
on 6/1/09 6:03 am - Canada

Hi there, I have been looking for online groups and happened upon this site.  I was hoping to find a site for BC so this is great.
I read the last post about not a lot of activity which is too bad but I am still encouraged to see
some.
I have had one appointment with Dr. Amson and my 2nd appt is tomorrow, gave me lots of things to do between the appointment time of 6 weeks, am also going to see the nutrionist this week as well.
Feeling a bit nervous, not sure when I will get a date for this lap band, I am hoping soon.
Any advice gratefully appreciated.

Laurie D.
on 6/1/09 7:31 am - Victoria BC, Canada
Hi Welcome to the forum.

I too live in BC, actually Victoria is where i live. I am having surgery tomorrow, I though am having the RYN with Dr Rusnak. I am excited. 

Good luck with your appt. Things I hope will continue to go well for you. It has for me so far. :)

About the site, there are lots of nice people on here and some have become good friends and offer lots of good advise and encourgement, so please continue to look here. It does take awhile to see everything on here and that's how I met some of my great chat friends.

take care, good luck. Laurie

start - 262lbs - current - 220lbs -
current inches lost (overall) 60 and Feeling great!
goal = 160lbs 

maccollster
on 6/1/09 11:49 am - Canada

Thankyou Laurie,

I wish you well in your surgery date tomorrow, I am sure it will be all good.  It will be exciting to hear from you once you are recovered. 

I appreciate the encouragement, look forward to hearing how you are doing.

Ruby_Trout
on 6/1/09 4:26 pm - Canada

If you are interested, there are two forums that cater specifically to patients from BC.  One is at   www.blazeonline.com   and the other is www.bb.wlsforum.net .  Lots of great information can be found on these two sites and there are many bandsters who participate on these forums at all stages of the game. 

Ruby Trout 

maccollster
on 6/2/09 3:04 am - Canada

Thanks!  I will follow up, trying to connect and find out as much as I can.

(deactivated member)
on 6/9/09 2:46 am - Canada
Hi there,

Welcome I'm MB I will be seeing Dr. Tang soon maybe I'll be run into you
maccollster
on 6/9/09 12:08 pm - Canada

That would be great!  I actually got a date for my banding.  It is July 10th, I am pretty excited.

luckygirldee
on 6/10/09 11:46 am - Maple Ridge, Canada

Hello,
I am at the end of my fat rope.  I really need to do something... I am at my largest and I am very unhappy.  I try diets, and changing my lifestyle as they like to say, and I fail.  I don't have the stick to it ness I require. 

Years ago I was scheduled to have the rny, but the surgery got cancelled, well the bariatric program was cancelled as well at St. Paul's hospital.  I haven't done anything since.  It looks like there are a few more choices.  I was looking at the sleeve surgery. 

It is pretty extreme to have surgery, but when I think of how many years I have lived overweight and tried to change, only to last for a time and then gain it back and more.  I just have to do something.  I feel pretty helpless. 

I don't know who are the go to surgeons, I see a few names, Dr. Amson, Dr. Tang...I guess I'll have to start the research.  I'm interested in the lap band, but don't know who does it here in bc, and I wouldn't have it done anywhere else because you have to have the fills.

Has anyone ever had their bariatric surgery covered by their medical in bc?

I'm glad I found this site and will check out the other sites as well.

No great advice...from another newbie.

Best to you on your surgery.   

Most Active