online activity?

Laurie D.
on 5/30/09 2:03 pm - Victoria BC, Canada
HI.... I've noticed lately not many people have been posting comments on the BC forum, just  curious where everyones been? I always check and look forward to seeing and hearing what's new with everyone, but not much activity.... just curious if anyone knows why?

start - 262lbs - current - 220lbs -
current inches lost (overall) 60 and Feeling great!
goal = 160lbs 

Barb S.
on 5/31/09 5:03 am - New Westminster, BC, Canada
Hi Laurie...I too notice that there is not a lot of activity on this forum. I find it frustrating because I do find this forum more positive and less biased to specific surgeons.  I think the BC population is mainly focused on BCWLS and the Blazeonline site

I don't think that the lack of disussion here is any indication of the validity or quality of this forum. Unfortunately this site overall is very American which of course scares and/or intimidates many in the BC community.

Keep watching and keep posting.  Anything is better than nothing.

Barb
Barb
Post OP, RNY, Virginia Mason
June 17, 2008
SW 335
CW - June 17, 2009  193
GW  160        
Laurie D.
on 5/31/09 5:31 am - Victoria BC, Canada
Hi Barb,

I will keep posting, I just noticed a decline since I started and thought maybe something was wrong with my view. I hope you are doing well, I go have my surgery in 2 days, very exciting and nervous of the unexpected you know.... its like when you are having a baby you can see what will happen and hear stories, but until it happens to you, that's when it's real. 

continued sucess, will talk to you again soon.... Laurie

goal = 160lbs 

Ruby_Trout
on 5/31/09 11:54 am - Canada
Hi Laurie,

Best of luck with your surgery on Tuesday.  Two days!  Wow, you must have all kinds of things running through your head.  Do you have someone who will let us know that you are safely on the other side?  Would love to hear how things went for you.  

Ruby Trout 

Laurie D.
on 6/1/09 3:44 am - Victoria BC, Canada
Hi Ruby, 

You are right on that one... so many things to think about and do. I am of course on Liquid all day today and woudn't you know it, I rarely think about food in the morning but TODAY knowing I can't have any, I would like a banana.... oh well, I will manage.

I don't really have anyone who can update on here, don't know how to do that.

I do write to someone online here pretty frequently but she is away on holidays and doesn't have access to a computer.  I am hoping after I get back home I will go online and say I'm home.

thanks for your best wishes, I will be thinking of EVERYONE too, I am nervous that I won't do everything right for some reason. I keep going over and over my book and hope I know what I'm doing... trial and error I guess will be what works as everyone is different.

thanks, talk to you soon. Laurie

goal = 160lbs 

ridge_redhead
on 5/31/09 11:50 pm - Canada
Best wishes for tomorrow Laurie !!  We will be thinking about you !  (Wow - the big day is here !)
Ridge Redhead    
Laurie D.
on 6/1/09 3:39 am - Victoria BC, Canada
Thanks so much.... can't believe its finally here! 
this is going to be great.... have you had your surgery yet? and where abouts in Canada are you if I may ask....

take care, Laurie

goal = 160lbs 

suzanneb
on 6/2/09 11:20 pm - North Vancouver, Canada

Congratulations on your surgery date by now you will have had the surgery I guess.

Wishing you a very speedy recovery

Suzanne
Most Active